New Jersey Babies
Options

Your Best Birth Doulas

Anyone have experience with these two ladies?  I am considering going the doula route.  They also have child birth classes. 

Please share your thoughts.  It seems like they have good experience lots of "extras" in their service. 

They also say they will come to your home while you are in labor and stay with you until you decide to go to the hospital.  Is that unusual with a doula or what you would expect.

I have just started looking into Doulas and this is the first group i found.  So looking for what to expect from a good doulas service as well as anyones experience with Your Best Birth Doulas in NJ.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Your Best Birth Doulas

• Options

I had them for my birth Sept. 2010 and I'm so happy that I had done it. First of all, its my first and I wasn't prepared to face labor alone(My H doesn't count as support because he needed support himself lol) I also took their classes and felt that I was prepared. I ended up having birth with Jessica and she was just great. My labor was very long, it started mildly at 6 am Monday, I went to Monmouth hospital Mon 3pm, and had a baby only Tue 6.35pm by CS unfortunately, but there was no progress so we had to do it. Overall Jessica spent with me from Mon 5-6 pm-ish (I don't remember exactly) and left right before CS only cuz she wasn't allowed in CS room anyway. I didn't call her in to come to my house just because I was fine at home.      I think for my next birth(oh God not any time soon! lol) I would be fine without doula. I wish I had my mother close so she would be able to be with me, because basically if you have someone who would hang out with you who is very calm that's what you need. Well and of course doula is prepared with heat packs, cold packs, eye mask(to try to sleep kind) and all that. I am wondering though if it makes a difference getting midwife instead of ObGyn, since you see your Ob only for a very little time and mostly hang out with the nurse that keeps changing every 6 hrs i think. So yes I do recommend them and I found them just by googling online too. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"