April 2011 Moms
Options

My crazy, unplanned natural birth story (long)

I'm late writing this.  Everything went well and we are all madly in love with baby Anna.  I came really close to having her in the car and it was pretty scary.  

2 weeks ago I woke up at 5 am with back pain.  I started timing it, but it never became consistent so I went back to sleep.  A couple of times that morning I started to think it was becoming more "time-able", but then I would go 15-20 minutes without any pain at all.  By noon, the pain seemed to be getting worse.  It still wasn't consistent, but I decided to page the OB anyway. She said to go ahead and come in, but didn't seem to think much of it either. 

DH got some last minute things together and we played a little with DD#1 and left.  I was uncomfortable, but still nothing that bad.  About half-way through our 20 minute drive, the pain got really intense and I started feeling contractions right on top of each other.  This is when I really started to worry.  Thank God traffic was not bad and DH walked me into the hospital before going to park the car.  I told the triage nurses it was getting bad and I was starting to feel pressure. 

When they asked if I could get into a gown and I said "no", they took me right back to be checked.  The nurse said I was "10 cm and the baby's head was right there".  She immediately started wheeling me to a delivery room and paging the doctor.  As soon as I got to the room another nurse told me to start pushing and I would feel better.  I said I wasn't ready.  The doctor wasn't even in the room yet and I was freaking out.  Within a couple minutes the dr. was there and when DH walked in from parking they rushed him in and told him to hold my leg because it was time for me to push.

I was in a lot of pain (made worse by how scared I was I'm sure).  The doctor was wonderful though and really encouraged me.  She broke my water and told me it would be over soon.  I pushed 2 times and Anna was born!  A nurse told me right away that she looked great and I about lost it.  It happened so fast and I really think I was in shock.  As soon as I looked at her I felt such a wave of relief and happiness.  She is so beautiful and perfect. 

I'm so grateful that everything went so well.  From the time I arrived at L&D to the time she was born was only 10 minutes.  I had fully planned on laboring at the hospital and getting an epidural like I did with DD1.  DD1's birth was a very calm experience and this time the fear really kept that from happening.  At first, I had a hard time accepting that and not thinking about the "what ifs", but know the important thing is that she is here and healthy.  We couldn't be more in love.  Her big sister is so proud and while it is a huge adjustment for her, I've really never seen her happier.  I'm so excited for all of the April mommies and hope everyone is doing great!             

Expecting our 3rd little girl this New Year's!

Re: My crazy, unplanned natural birth story (long)

• Options

WOW!

You hear loads of times that the second baby comes a lot faster but wow :) Congrats on your little girl!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hf08hf08 member
    imageMG7:

WOW!

You hear loads of times that the second baby comes a lot faster but wow :) Congrats on your little girl!

I know.  I told my OB if there is a #3 (which we're not planning on) I will be taking up residence in the hospital parking lot! ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    Oh wow congratulations
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagehf08:
    imageMG7:

WOW!

I know.  I told my OB if there is a #3 (which we're not planning on) I will be taking up residence in the hospital parking lot! ;)

My doc just made it to my delivery also, I was screaming about needing to push when he walked in in his pjs. I had gone through the transition stage at the speed of light and had we been laboring at home like we planned my story probably would have matched yours. When the nurse who was checking me quickly grabbed a glove to catch if necessary I knew things were going to happen immediately.

• Options
    hf08hf08 member
    imageMG7:
    imagehf08:
    imageMG7:

WOW!

My doc just made it to my delivery also, I was screaming about needing to push when he walked in in his pjs. I had gone through the transition stage at the speed of light and had we been laboring at home like we planned my story probably would have matched yours. When the nurse who was checking me quickly grabbed a glove to catch if necessary I knew things were going to happen immediately.

Lol!  That is one dedicated doctor!!!

• Options
    Congratulations, that was really quick....
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, crazy! Glad everyone is doing well.
  • Options
    Wow! That is an amazing story! Congratulations! :-)
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

congrats!

i hear ya about being in shock. things went super fast for me as well. everyone tells you how lucky you are, but it's scary and there's no time to process what's going on.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"