Potty Training
Options

peeing in his sleep

we're potty training and it's going OK but we still let him wear a pull up at night because he pees in his sleep.

he balks at wearing underwear during the day and it is a fight to get him to take the diaper off BUT he can't make it through the night without peeing.

any advice? 

Re: peeing in his sleep

• Options

How old is he?  With all of my kids once they started potty training drinks became pretty limited after dinner.  My daughter has been potty trained for a little over a month.  Just last week she started staying dry at night.  My first 2 kids started staying dry at night before during the day.

Also, some kids will continue to go at night until they are a little older.  From what I hear from friends with boys it seems like that is true for many boys. 

• Options

we limit fluid intake about 2 hours before bedtime.

then, after brushing his teeth, we make him use the potty. if he doesn't go, we read a book or put on jammies... then try potty again.

DH or myself will wake him before we go to bed (about 3 hours after DS has gone to bed) and take him to the potty. he's half asleep when he's doing his business, but he wakes up dry.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is he peeing while he's sleeping, or waking up and not wanting to get out of bed?  If it's in his sleep, he's in Slow Wave Sleep, and his body literally won't wake up to tell him to go, it just does it anyways.  Limiting fluid a couple hours before bed, waking him up in the middle of the night are both good things to do, but you also might just want to put him in a pull-up until you notice he's waking up to go, or waking up in the morning dry just to save yourself some headaches.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"