Preemies
Options

This time last year...

As Easter approaches I am reminded of last year on Easter Sunday.  We were the only family in Sarah's POD that came to visit their baby that day.  It was very quiet that day in the NICU.  Not long after we got there we noticed that our sweet Sarah was really struggling.  She seemed to be working way to hard to breathe & I was scared.  Her oxygen was increased, the doctor was called in & there was talk of putting her back on CPAP.  Her "status" was also changed from preemie back to intensive. 

Everything turned out to be ok.  She just needed a little extra help that day, but it would turn out to be the most difficult day she had during her NICU stay.  I look at her today & find myself to be a little amazed.  She is stretched out on her daddy taking a nap & is so big!  This time last year I couldn't imagine how she would change.  In my mind she would always be 3 pounds & 15 inches long. 

I will be forever thankful for how far she has come but I think Easter will always remind me even more.  That first year when Easter was the worst day will make us even more thankful for how wonderful she is doing now.

Re: This time last year...

• Options
    aw. I'm so glad she is doing well!  It's crazy to think back at everything these little babies had to overcome.
  • Options
    Awww...that's a great story! I'm so glad she's come so far and that you can now look back at that scary time with peace and awe. Happy Easter, indeed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's crazy to think how far a year can take you!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"