VBAC
Options

Vbac indecision

I don't know whether to have a VBAC. My doctor seems to be leaning towards a repeat c-section because it is what he prefers. I am scared to death about the risks of a repeat c-section but I am also scared to death of complications by a VBAC. All this worrying is taking the fun out of this pregnancy and I just want to cry. Any advice or stories of your vbac experiences would be wonderful.

Re: Vbac indecision

• Options

Personally, if my doctor told me he prefers to do RCS, i would find a new Dr. You need a DR that is going to fully support you and is not going to allow his/her preferences to sway you one way or the other.

To VBAC or not to VBAC is a completely personal choice.  What were the circumstances surrounding your first CS?  Statistics are on your side here, MOST women who actually try to VBAC succeed.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think you should look around for a doctor who supports VBAC and talk to them.  If your doctor prefers RCS, he's probably not the best person to talk to about VBAC.  That way you will have good information to be able to decide what is right for you.

Can you tell us exactly what you are scared of with each option?  Maybe some of the ladies here will have some good insight for you.

GL, it's a tough choice and you have to do what you are most comfortable with.  Either way, remember that by far the most likely outcome is a healthy mom and healthy baby. :) 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, my doctor scared me about VBAC and said 1 out of 150 women will experience a uterine rupture. After researching it appears he is exaggerating this risk. I want to have another baby after this one and I am scared of the risks that come with a third c-section.
  • Options

imagerisac2003:
    Well, my doctor scared me about VBAC and said 1 out of 150 women will experience a uterine rupture. After researching it appears he is exaggerating this risk. I want to have another baby after this one and I am scared of the risks that come with a third c-section.

He definitely did.  I would not trust him after that.  Frankly, whether or not you decide to VBAC, you should find a provider that supports EITHER decision and gives you the appropriate pros and cons of BOTH.  A doctor who tries to scare you into what he prefers by inflating statistics of the other choice is NOT a good doctor, IMO.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    My first DD was a C/S and I was told by that MD that I would have to get an RCS due to the risks. I found a new MD that fully supports VBAC and I hope he does deliver. The best thing is the other MDs in that facility all support VBAC. I just hope my body can deliver this child without any complications. It would be fantastic. Good luck. I would find another MD, however some may not take you depending on how late you are in the pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Sorry to hear that you're stressing.  Both VBAC and C/S have risks - and neither should be taken lightly.  The C/S is less risky legally for the doctor - so that shouldn't cloud your decision.

Do as much research as you can, so that you can fairly review the risks.  Knowledge is power - and it can help ease your fears. 

I agree with PP, I would switch providers just for the fact that he is using coercion and lies.  We are not stupid!  These decisions affect our lives and our bodies! And we should be treated like equal participants in the process.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"