Trouble TTC
Options

Does your RE make you come for a beta?

My RE's office says that everyone in IUI/IVF cycle has to come in for a beta. This kinda pisses me off, since it is another $50. It would be one thing if I was pregnant, but the BFN couldn't be any whiter.

I have an appt at 9:00, but I am tempted to cancel. I dont want to piss them off, since I do not have full red flow, but I also dont want to spend another $50 to be told I am not pregnant.

Does your RE office make you come in for a beta?

After 18 months TTC, our 2nd IUI brought us our BFP! Stick baby stick! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Does your RE make you come for a beta?

• Options

((big hugs)) AD, so sorry about the BFN!  My office won't schedule a beta unless I call and say I got a positive on a HPT.

I don't have any advice bit wanted you to know I am thinking of you!

<3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That really sucks. Especially if you are all OOP.

(((hugs)))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do not go in for a beta until I get a + on a HPT.  He told me after the IUI that I either call him with AF and start next round or call with a + HPT.  There are no scheduled betas.  I would call and be honest and tell them that you don't want to spend $50 unless you are in question of whether or not you are pg or if AF comes and it is different than usual.  I would just go by a HPT. 
  • Options
    So sorry about the BFN :( I have never gone for betas during any of my IUIs.

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options

imageTrish11278:
    I do not go in for a beta until I get a + on a HPT.  He told me after the IUI that I either call him with AF and start next round or call with a + HPT.  There are no scheduled betas.  I would call and be honest and tell them that you don't want to spend $50 unless you are in question of whether or not you are pg or if AF comes and it is different than usual.  I would just go by a HPT. 

this. I'll be thinking of you! sorry about the BFN.

• Options

Right after my IUI procedure, I'm given two antibiotics and a sheet of paper with a scheduled appt for me to come in for a beta 14 days later. However, I'm not sure if they'd still require me to come in if AF showed up before that date. I understand your concern though, I'm OOP and wouldn't want to waste money on a test I already know the answer to. Then again I guess there's always the possibility that you could be spotting but still be pregnant, so maybe they just want to be certain.

IUI#3 brought us our dragon baby Z

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge: Animal Snow Interactions 

• Options

no our RE requires a phone call on a +HPT and then never sees us again ;O( if it is a -HPT then you call again next day 1.

Good luck. 

• Options

on my sheet it told me to only call and come in if I got a pos. HPT but then after my 7dpo progesterone, when they called back with the result they said it was my choice if I wanted to come in for a beta or call them if it was positive.  Because we were leaving for vaca, I decided if there were any hopes to cling to - I'd go in for the beta...but since I had temp drop Tuesday and period started Wednesday I didn't bother. 

If I were you I'd do as PP said and explain to them that you don't want to spend the money on it unless unsure.  Unless of course you are doing a round of some medication that you need to be SURE you're not.  If that's the case then couldn't they do it on cd3 to avoid two appointments in four days.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    I've never done an IUI, but for IVF they make us come in. I think they just want to be absolutely sure you didn't just have a beta too low to read on an HPT before they stop the progesterone and stuff.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options
    Mine does and it is annoying. It's just another slap in the face. They rerun it anyway on Cd3 so really, what is the point other than to make me go in there and in my case, charge the insurance co?

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

I'm sorry! No- my RE doesn't they are the type to have you call to get a beta if you get a +, or in my case- if AF never shows.

I don't know what to tell you to do- I understand not wanting to pay money for something you already know.

((Hugs!!)) 

• Options
    My office does a beta 14dpo for every cycle.
  • Options
    We just started with our RE, but in the sheet it says that I need to come in for a beta. The sheet also specifically says not to use an HPT before then, which made me irrationally annoyed.
    TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP Chart
  • Options

I'm sorry they make you waste the $50 on a - cycle. I'm with you, I would want that $50 to save for next month when you get a +.

I had to go in for a beta this past tues.  I knew I wasn't PG, - HPT also. But they wanted to put me on Provera (FINALLY!) cause AF didn't show on her own. It was of course - and I had to pay also. Sucks to take tests when you know the outcome.

Me=30, DH=31
    Together since 2000, Married 10/17/2009
    TTC since 2/2010,Dx with PCOS 12/2010, taking 1500mg Metformin
    2/11-6/11 Medicated cycles w/RE
    7/11-9/11 Break from RE
    Suprise BFP 10/7/11! DD born 6/14/2012!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

{{HUGS}}

Our RE does make us come in for a beta, but our is covered by insurance.

• Options

My beta is included in the package price of monitoring- we're totally OOP as well so it was one of the things I checked.

I'm also instructed to wait until the Beta to test- most girls don't (the blood tech was surprised when I told her I hadn't and promised to rush the results to the front of the line) but you're not supposed to.

Friends for 15 years. Married 8. TTC since January 2009
    2010 Diagnosis: Anovulation and Severe MFI
    2011 Treatment:
    IVF w/ICSI #1 Antagonist: 2 blasts - c/p - BFN 04.22
    FET #1: 1 blast/1 early blast - BFP 06.22 - m/c 06.30 @6w0d
    07-11 RPL: MTHFR C677T Heterozygous & Slightly elevated ACLA IgM
    FET #2: 1 morula - BFN: 9.02

January '12: IVF #2
    Started BCP and Metformin (New!) 12-14 for stimming in January

Dum spiro, spero.
    ?SAIF/PAIF/PgAL/PAL always welcome?
This discussion has been closed.