Health & Exercise

Anyone using the new Weight Watchers program?

I have been on the new WW points plus program for about 8 weeks and I have lost 6 lbs.  A few years ago, I lost a lot of weight on the old program.  I have 15 lbs left to go but the weight is just not coming off like it did in the past.

Is anyone else in the same situation?  Is it my age, new baby thing, the new WW program?  I am following the guidelines, writing everything down, and staying within my points.  It is starting to get frustrating!  Haven't lost 2 weeks in a row!

Re: Anyone using the new Weight Watchers program?

• I'm on it and have had the opposite of your experience. I was on WW a few years ago and really struggled with staying within my points allowance and losing weight. I've been on the "new" plan for just over two weeks now and have lost 6 lbs. I stay within my daily points as well as use some of the weeklies, but I've never used more than half of them. Not sure why you're struggling more now but I'd suggest bringing your food log and going over it with your meeting leader. Maybe she/he can give you some guidance based on the choices you've been making. GL!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I joined on March 1, 2011 and have lost 13.4 lbs.  I love the new program.  I feel like my diet is much more centered around healthy foods, instead of living off of 100 calorie packs and granola bars, like I had in the past on the program.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •     
  • 1st- both of your little ones are so cute!!!

Yeah, I don't know what my problem is.  I think I will bring in my food log for her to look at.

Thanks!

One thing that I do that definitely helps is to plan my meals the day before.  Even if I don't stick exactly to the plan, I feel that I do better than when I just wing it.  Also, when planning, I work in my 2-3 servings of milk/yogurt, oils, and vegetables.  I find that sticking to the "Good Healthy Guidelines" really helps. (Who would've thought, following the plan really works?! LOL)  I have had many failed attempts at WW, but I did lose 30 pounds on the plan when I was 19/20, so I have faith that if I actually follow the plan, it will work again.  

I also think that since they changed the plan, you really have to figure out how many points you can eat and still lose weight.  I get 29 points and I definitely eat each of those.  I try not to eat my 49 points, but instead earn Activity Points and use those as my extras.  I think it's different for everyone, so you just have to experiment to see what works for you.  Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards