VBAC
Options

Transverse

Yeah I know it's been posted (over and over). Anyhow I had my 35 week appointment today. Baby is head down in the transverse position, which MD said was excellent. I always thought transverse wasn't good (sideways). Anyhow I am sure he will drop the head further down in the next few weeks.

Anyhow have this and deliver VBAC without issues? Maybe its a dumb question since I have 5 weeks to go. 

Thanks ladies! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Transverse

• Options
    Get that baby in a good position as soon as possible & keep him there!  Swim, do handstands in the water, try moxibustion, chiro treatment, etc...
  • Options

I think you are confusing transverse lie with occiput transverse.  Transverse lie is sideways, when the baby's whole body is lying horizontally in the womb--if a transverse lie baby doesn't turn, it's a c/s.  

Occiput transverse is when the baby is head down but facing your side.  The baby is either left occiput transverse or right occiput transverse, depending which side they are facing. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What iris said. It's very common for baby to start out facing the side and it is not a concern at all. My VBAC baby was facing the side when I went into labor, but corkscrewed into optimal position during labor.
  • Options
    imageiris427:

I think you are confusing transverse lie with occiput transverse.  Transverse lie is sideways, when the baby's whole body is lying horizontally in the womb--if a transverse lie baby doesn't turn, it's a c/s.  

Occiput transverse is when the baby is head down but facing your side.  The baby is either left occiput transverse or right occiput transverse, depending which side they are facing. 

Ditto this. Or if your baby is not presenting head first, and has something else presenting (ie: shoulder, etc,) where the body is still kinda side-lying, but the head is down, it's considered transverse. From reading your post, it seems like the head is down--just not OP (sunny side-up/facing your belly), or OA (facing your back--the optimal position). The baby can still rotate into a better birthing position through labor.

High-risk L&D nurse...If in doubt, go to triage!

Trevor Calvin 12.10.07 7:26pm 7lbs2.5oz 19.75in

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emerson Claire 07.07.11 11:34am 7lbs7oz 20.5 in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks ladies. MD said head down, just transverse with body side ways, on my left. Butt upper middle left and feet around breasts. He said it was good and I thought doesn't sound right. I will try anything to get the VBAC even swimming.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"