VBAC

My 37 week "progress"

1.5cm, 50-75%, -2

I'm not disappointed but I wish I was more dilated after all those contractions I was having.

Re: My 37 week "progress"

• Aw, it's still really early!! And just think of the contractions as helping you towards birth, no matter what your exam says, right? How long do you have to go into labor, are you working on a timeline?
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• That's pretty good for 37 weeks--that's more than I was at 40 weeks last time.  Of course, your "progress" at this point doesn't mean anything anyway!

If you find it too discouraging, you can just skip having your cervix checked.  Personally I feel more peace of mind not knowing, because then I can't neurotically over-analyze my cervix LOL 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not really on a timeline actually, I'm just very curious and like to compare what I'm feeling and think is happening to the internals.  I actually request them, she wouldn't do them otherwise...I know, I know, I'm very strange!  I totally know it means nothing, I try not to over think it!
  • imageiris427:

That's pretty good for 37 weeks--that's more than I was at 40 weeks last time.  Of course, your "progress" at this point doesn't mean anything anyway!

If you find it too discouraging, you can just skip having your cervix checked.  Personally I feel more peace of mind not knowing, because then I can't neurotically over-analyze my cervix LOL 

I agree - I'd rather not know.  With the first at 41 weeks and 6 days, I had still made NO progress.  It would have killed me to hear about it once a week for 4 weeks.  Especially since it doesn't mean anything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLiluBee:
    I'm not really on a timeline actually, I'm just very curious and like to compare what I'm feeling and think is happening to the internals.  I actually request them, she wouldn't do them otherwise...I know, I know, I'm very strange!  I totally know it means nothing, I try not to over think it!

I'm in the "no cervical checks" camp myself, but if it makes you feel better, then it works, right?

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"