Pre-School and Daycare
Options

When will spring break ever end?

Not to sound selfish... but I miss my daughter's school! My 3 yr old is the clingiest thing in the world. She does NOT play alone and really only wants to be with me. Even if her favorite sitter comes I have to pray she's in the right mood to accept her. If she is, they play great. If not, she just screams for me the whole time while I'm trying to get stuff done in the house. She's even been showering with me all week because otherwise she screams that she doesn't want to be away from me!

She is so social that she actually loves school although whenever there is an interruption, like the spring break we are on now, it takes another week to get her used to the routine again. I love her to death but now that I'm used to having her at school a few times a week, I really need that time, to devote to the quieter younger daughter, to the baby in my belly and to myself! Summer is going to be looooong and brutal.

Uggh. Just wanted to vent. Anyone deal with a similar situation? How do you encourage a little healthy independence?

Re: When will spring break ever end?

• Options
    CD+ALCD+AL member
    Most of the Mother's Day Out (MDO) programs around us are during the school year only, but there are a few that run year round too.  Maybe you could look for something like that for 1-2 days/wk to at least give yourself a little break this summer.

• Options

I understand!  I'm touring 3 Summer programs next week!!!!  We already got into a special speech program but that just isn't long enough.  After our Spring Break a few weeks ago I am scared to death of Harmon being at home.  I WAH with a nanny who watches the kids.  I couldn't get work done during that week.  He is just so much happier at school 1/2 day and so are we (me, nanny, and the twins).   

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"