Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Never stops talking...

My son turned 3 in the end of March and since about Feb. he has been talking non-stop. He has to narrate EVERYTHING, talks to everybody and it's driving me nuts. He even talks all through dinner to the point of not eating it... it drives DH and I crazy. I know it is normal for children to express themselves once they learn to talk, but to be honest I just feel like he never shuts up. Anyone else been through this?! I could definitely use some help in dealing with this haha. TIA!

Re: Never stops talking...

• Options
    Welcome to my life.  My DD is a non-stop talker.  We call her the energizer bunny for she keeps going and going and never stops. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DD is like that.  Her younger sister was vomiting and crying hysterically, and my 4 year old kept babbling non-stop about silly stuff.  I had to nicely tell her to please go to her room until I could finish cleaning up the baby.  She kept asking me to look at her silly faces etc.. sigh.. lol :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 2 of those....it can drive you insane.  When they go to bed, I just want to sit there and do nothing.  I can't even talk to DH- I just want QUIET!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This made me laugh!  DD started talking at 18 months and has not stopped since.  We literally have to ask her to be quiet sometimes just for a minute.  The only time she is voluntarily quiet is when she is drawing or coloring.  Maybe if you can get him involved in an activity that involves concentration that would help!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My daughter (3 1/2) talks so much, sometimes we hear her in her room talking herself to sleep!  Who does that?!  LOL

Not sure if there's anything you can "do" but we always tell DD that it's OK to NOT talk sometimes.  That she can keep things inside and draw a picture about them and explain it to us later.  That rarely works but every now and then she'll show us a picture of something "that was in her head".  :) 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have one of those - she is 2 1/2 and NEVER stops.  If she doesn't have anything interesting to say, she just narrates - there's a car, that was a blue house, I like red flowers, etc.  This has been going on for awhile and I have learned to filter! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"