Houston Babies
Options

Looking for gym/activity places for occassional outings

I have Friday and Monday off and was thinking it would be great to take Evan somewhere he can run around and climb on things without getting told "no." I looked at the web site for the Little Gym, but those are classes with specific times and seem more geared for stay-at-home moms.

I'd like to take him somewhere similar to that, but without the hard schedule. Do places like Stopping Grounds offer activities for 13-month-olds, or is it geared for older kids?

Any other suggestions?

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: Looking for gym/activity places for occassional outings

• Options
    There is a small toddler area at Stomping Grounds. It's not big, but I think he'd probably enjoy it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Wonderwild in the Heights has open play during the day. They do have classes and activities but I am not sure how that works. You would have to call.

Also, the Galleria and Memorial City Mall both have nice play areas. I take my boys there to burn off some calories once a week at least. We get a snack, walk around and play. It's a good outing for all of us.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks, ladies. I think I see visits to Stomping Grounds and Memorial City Mall in the next 4 days.

I wish the Little Gym had more than just an 8:45 class for Evan's age group on Saturdays. I guess that is because of all the parties they have on the weekend. I may still look into a membership. They just have so little information on the web site.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

Allie loves Little Gym!!  Not sure how far you are from Katy, but I am fairly sure there are Friday and Monday classes for your LO's age group.  It's somewhat structured but they have lots of free time to play too.  The classes are 45 minutes. 

In the classes I have been to which are weekday mornings, there are lots of SAHMs but also moms who work but have certain days off (like nurses, etc).  In addition, I know lots of working moms do the later afternoon and Saturday classes. You can try a class for free if you just call them.

You could also look into Gymboree or Kindermusik.  The tot spot at the Childrens Museum is fun and you can work it into your schedule without having to commit to a time.  We haven't gone to Stomping Grounds or any of those places yet. 

• Options
     I've heard that Gymboree in Missouri City has open gym open to non-members. You pay $5 or something like that. It's from 4-6.
  • Options
    Also check into local gymnastic schools in your area.  Some of the ones in our area used to have open gym days. 
    image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Options
    For us. Monkey Joes, is great. They have 3 huge sections for DS... I believe geared for under 3years. At least that is how it is in Katy. We went to the Stomping Grounds in Sugarland and wasn't impressed at all. It's a very small section for the LOs, part of which was coming apart and it kept getting taken over by older kids because, according to the one kid, their play area was too crowded.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"