Preemies
Options

Sleep Question

My daughter sleeps in a bassinet. For the first two weeks that we had her home from the NICU she, my husband, and I all slept in the living room, because I couldnt lay in our bed yet due to pain and discomfort from my c-section. Other than regular waking up to eat and change her diaper, she did really well with this and most nights sleeps well in between feedings.

When we transitioned back into our bedroom, I noticed that she would wake up more often and be more fussy. This has been the case every night since then. If we put her in her bassinet in our bedroom, she practically refuses to sleep. As the night goes on and I have to pretty much forget sleep, I will generally wheel her back into the front room and I will just sit in the recliner and watch tv or something. She always goes right to sleep.

Im really confused by this, and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to why this might be happening. Any advice is appreciated!

Re: Sleep Question

• Options
    When you were sleeping in the living room did you have the tv on? I found that DD liked a little bit of noise, we moved our CD player into her room. Even at 18 months she likes to sleep with music playing.

• Options
    Honestly, the first thing I noticed was your LO just hit their due date right? Evan slept a lot until his due date, it was like he was putting all that energy into growing. Then once he hit term, he was a different kid and that meant a lot less sleep for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagewitt0198:
    Honestly, the first thing I noticed was your LO just hit their due date right? Evan slept a lot until his due date, it was like he was putting all that energy into growing. Then once he hit term, he was a different kid and that meant a lot less sleep for us.

Yep.. she is super close to her due date.. so I was kind of wondering if that could have something to do with it too!

To all the posters who suggested the white noise, we do have a sleep sheep which seems to help her, but it shuts off after 20ish minutes, and I think that it contributes to her waking up!

• Options

DS needs white noise and a little bit of light to sleep since he was use to all the noise and light from the NICU.  We put a fish tank in his room and we turn a fan on outside his bedroom door so it's not blowing on him but he still gets the hum from it.  We also found that DS was backwards for two months from being in the NICU.  Hopefully that's not the case for your LO.  It was a hard couple of months.  GL in finding what will work well for your LO.

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"