Detroit Babies
Options

SJMH AA vs UM

I am in my 1st tri. My doctor is at Canton Ob/Gyn and can deliver at St. Joe or U of M. Has anyone done the tours? Which are you/did you chose and why?

I looked at both websites and they both seem fine to me...I'm not really sure what I should be looking for though.

TIA!

3 Miscarriages, 3 Chemical, 1 Ectopic

LEEP in 2011

Negative RPL tests - TSH, Prolactin, IgG, IgM, IgA, Syphillis, HIV, Hep B, Hep C, A1c, Karyotype, HSG, APS, Lupus Anticoagulant
Diagnosed with heterozygous MTHFR April 2015
Treatment Plan - Progesterone Suppositories after CD 14, Lovenox after BFP & ultrasound, 4mg Folate

Re: SJMH AA vs UM

• Options
    I am using UofM because I work in the hospital already and wanted to use the midwife service (not sure SJ has a midwife service, but the U's is very reputable). Anyhow, I have heard the facilities at SJ are waaaay nicer. The U is undergoing some construction and supposed to have larger/updated rooms in the future, but for now if I could use the same provider at either location I'd go with SJ. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been to the U for anything L&D related, but I had the most amazing experience at SJMH. I really can't say enough about the care I had there. I would recommend it to anyone!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesteenie41:
    I haven't been to the U for anything L&D related, but I had the most amazing experience at SJMH. I really can't say enough about the care I had there. I would recommend it to anyone!

Same here! I delivered both babies at SJ and loved it.  No complaints. 

• Options
    I do work at sjmh but I loved my care there.  The rooms are beautiful and the mother baby floor was just opened in may so the rooms are big and new.  I have never been to l&d at the U but I really like the small feel you get at st joes.  also love the canton obs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also work at SJMH and love everything about it. I had my son there and it was a great experience. I've had friends deliver at the U and they liked it as well. SJMH does have midwives. The facilities at SJ are hard to beat though! Except for the cafeteria. That's not hard to beat at all. It sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"