South Florida Babies

Mamitis Show every night...

So we have a very happy, self-soothing baby throughout the day. He's very good at entertaining himself, he doesn't require me to carry him for long periods of time like Big E did during his time. But then night time comes around and he ONLY wants mommy. We get home around 6:30 pm on a daily basis and he's ok until 8pm rolls around. It has reached a point that I can't let go of him. If I do, he does not just cry, he screams as if they are murdering him. Usually, my husband takes him for a while so I can shower but the murder screams don't stop. Nothing works until I come out of the shower and I hold him. At that point, he smiles and is as happy as can be. My husband feels terrible. He's like, "the baby hates me at night." I'm thinking that he just likes me at night since I feed him and then put him down for the night. Any suggestions, ideas? Thanks!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Mamitis Show every night...

• IDK what to tell you... I think I'm going to be in the same boat with Elise.  Since she spends the day with grandma, then the afternoon with me she's very attached to our little routine.  Ideally, I would like to alternate the bathtime/bedtime routine with DH.  But, by the time he gets home, I've usually started already.  It's also my fault that I want to spend those last few minutes with her before bed so I do the last feeding; even though, DH has asked me to let him do it, too.  Then, again, the last few times I asked him to do it, he was busy with something else.  The only difference is that Jose entertains her if I'm busy making dinner.  I think she sees him as a toy, lol, bc she cracks up just by looking at him.  But, you know what happened when Jose did those early morning feedings. 

Hopefully, it's just a phase.

• Isabelle gets the same way at times! Its definitely the age and its definitely that they are breast fed. I know that she associates nighttime/feeding/comfort with me.

Same as little E, Isabelle is not a needy baby during the day whether at daycare or on the weekends at home. She is not fond of being alone in a room but even more so in the evenings. Its amazing how they realize routine at such a young age. Sometimes Isabelle is completely satisfied as long as someone is holding her and I am in the room where she can see me. But if she has not nursed and my husband is holding her and I leave the room - she complains really loudly. We played a game the other night where I would go out of sight, she would cry, I would hop back into her line of sight, she would smile, I would move out, she would cry, rinse and repeat. LOL. It was fun. That worked. She cried again when I left the room but my husband continued playing with her and she was entertained. She gets super fidgety with him, tho, whereas she relaxes with me. She will stay happy and sit and play if I put her on the playmat. My husband puts her down and she screams at him...and so he picks her up. These kids recognize a sucker when they see one.

I would just recommend that you keep giving him to your husband and letting him handle a lot of the evening tasks outside of nursing (obviously). Switch off and take on the tasks he usually takes with Big E. This worked for us. Abel has been putting Isabelle to sleep or spending time with her while I spend extra time with Sophia reading to her, putting her to bed, etc. Both so that the kids are easily cared for by either of us and especially so that Sophia gets equal time daily/weekly with mommy and daddy. I have been trying to put them to be at different times so that I get time with both of them instead of dividing and conquering but sometimes that is hard especially if Isabelle has not napped well and is ready to go to bed right when Sophia is.

Anyway! I don't know if I helped but I understand! Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Jude is the same way! He too, is breastfed.  i dont have any advice, all I keep telling myself is that they are only this little for so long, andI I am almost done bfing ;)  GL I hope it gets better for all of us REALLY soon! Until then, I say we let them be little.  HUGS ladies :)
  • AlbahAlbah member
    I am glad to see I am not alone on this. I love to hold him and kiss him and squeeze him! I just feel bad that he screams his heart out when my husband carries him. It didn't really hit me about BFing being the foundation of the issue...I never had that issue with Evan and I BFed him. Shows how all little ones are different. ;) I'm definitely going to try to switch roles a bit more in the evening times to see if that helps! Thanks so much ladies! :-) 

• Aw, he wants his mommy for soothing.  I know it can be frustrating bc you have a ton to do... but secretly (at least for me) it is nice to be wanted!  :)

Mikey has mamitis too.  Sometimes I feel so bad for DH bc he can't quite sooth him like I can! 

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • AlbahAlbah member
    imagecocojack10:

Aw, he wants his mommy for soothing.  I know it can be frustrating bc you have a ton to do... but secretly (at least for me) it is nice to be wanted!  :)

Mikey has mamitis too.  Sometimes I feel so bad for DH bc he can't quite sooth him like I can! 

I do feel the same! Shhh, don't tell the hubby! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"