Hawaii Babies
Options

convertible carseats?

I know we recently talked about convertible carseats & a few of you were looking to buy one.  Any new reviews?  We are quickly approaching the need for one & I am still not decided which one to get.
imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: convertible carseats?

• Options
    We've been happy with the Britax Roundabout 55 - it was their lower cost option, but also fits well in our smaller car.  It's still rear facing right now. He outgrew his infant seat around 9 months.
  • Options
    Still very happy with our Marathons -- very easy to move from car to car, and fits well in the center RFing in my Camry, our truck and my mom's 4-Runner. The bargain-priced Cosco Scenera that we got as a spare for the IL's car has also worked out well -- not nearly as difficult to install as I'd read or feared.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Britax Marathon and Boulevard and like them both.  We'll probably look into a Sunshine Kids Radian seat b/c they're narrower and we need to fit 3 seats in the car.
  • Options

imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    We've been happy with the Britax Roundabout 55 - it was their lower cost option, but also fits well in our smaller car.  It's still rear facing right now. He outgrew his infant seat around 9 months.

We really like our Roundabout 55 (for my car - Mazda Millenia) as well as our Boulevard 70 (for my husbands Toyota Tundra)

• Options
    I think it really depends on what car/seating configuration you have. Convertible seats are a lot bigger so a lot of times they may not fit your car/seating configuration as well. We have a lot of problems with that because MH is tall and needs his seat all the way back. We even dished out $230 for the highly-reviewed Sunshine Kids Radian but it only has a low profile from side to side on the side but not from back to front. Luckily we're able to do free returns with Amazon Mom on it. The safest car seat IMO is the one that fits your car the best...so I would definitely try some out for yourself to see how they fit your car first. I know a lot of people love the Britax ones. We personally have a Safety 1st one, just because it fits our car/seating arrangement the best.
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options

imageinamra:

The safest car seat IMO is the one that fits your car the best...so I would definitely try some out for yourself to see how they fit your car first. 

this AND the one that you can install properly AND get a good fit for YOUR LO each time... we have a britax but I wont be buying another one... I;m not a fan :(

• Options
    We're happy with our Britax Boulevard CS 70 in our main family vehicle (Honda CRV 2005) and our secondary Cosco Scenera 40RF in our second car (Honda Accord 2004). The Cosco will also be the one we use when we travel by air.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"