rwright5 ? Mason Lee ? 06.03.10
supercoolnat ? Zachary ? 06.07.10
parrotgirl ? Mason ? 06.15.10
expatjen ? Kannan Aukai ? 07.05.10
lelekay ? Henry Benjamin ? 07.22.10
MrsIH ? Jacob Kenji Makai ? 08.28.10 
Vanilla15 ? Adair ? 09.10  
ECUPirate04 ? Lauren Hope ? 09.29.10 
mrsnickandnora Blake William ? 10.07.10(?)
MrsNicole&Brian808 ? Hank Mason ? 10.20.10
eacerna ? Eleiana Makenzie ? 11.03.10
SanHawaii08 ? Eric ? 11.09.10
annasan_k Zo? ? 12.17.10Oceangirl22 ? Kenley Vi ? 01.05.11
kinibruin ? D ? 
MrsZiz ? G ? 03.11
MauiBride2008 ? R ? 04.02.11
HAWAII NESTIE DUE DATES 
July 2010 
07.22.10 ? Boy ? RobynLeeApril 2011
04.27.11 Baby HappyGoLuckyGalAugust 2011
08.01.11 Boy stargirl76
08.11.11 Boy MiniWheats
08.22.11 ? Girl Hawaiian Honey-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Post updated due dates or gender reports here. 
(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?(5) Do you have a bedtime routine? Bath, singing, reading, something else? When did you start it? (6) What are your favorite/most helpful pregnancy books? (7) When did you start pumping to build a freezer stash? How often did you pump at first and what time of day?  
(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?
cai(o)&cullen+ahk
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ??? Weekly Check-in ???

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 17 months!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? started staying "ball" and "moon" in addition to "bye bye" and just pointing.

(3) Next appointment date?  18 month appt, which I'm calling about now!

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? taking him to a wedding I was in over the weekend - we found out 2 days in advance that MH couldn't go, and it was compounded by the fact that I was IN the wedding.  I tried to make as many plans as I could to accommodate travel (it was 5 hours away), and I think I did a good job.  I'll make a longer post later, but it was definitely my biggest parent challenge so far!

(5) Do you have a bedtime routine? Bath, singing, reading, something else? When did you start it?  We probably started it around 5 months.  We do bath, books, and bed.  It still took him hours to fall asleep sometimes - we would rock him, let him watch tv, lots of things.  I finally got serious about just taking him to bed with me and letting him know it was bedtime maybe sometime around Thanksgiving or Christmas this year.  That has helped a lot. 

(6) What are your favorite/most helpful pregnancy books?  Mayo Clinic Guide, Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, Baby Bargains, and the BabyCenter.com weekly updates. 

(7) When did you start pumping to build a freezer stash? How often did you pump at first and what time of day?  n/a

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 7.5 months

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  lots of clapping.  She just learned how to do it & she wants to do it all of the time (unless you are clapping & then she stops and just watches you!  Why no clapping together?)

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  Beginning of May for 8 month checkup

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  nothing much.  Still waking up at night for a feeding, but better than the 2 or 3 times a night it had been the last couple of weeks.  Hopefully we will soon get back to STTN.

(5) Do you have a bedtime routine? Bath, singing, reading, something else? When did you start it?   Yep.  bath, book, nurse, bed.  We try to start her bath at 7:00 & lay her in the crib around 8:00.  Sometimes it is a little later, but regardless of the time we start, we always do the exact same thing (even if it is much later than normal)

(6) What are your favorite/most helpful pregnancy books? My favs were the WTEWYE book, Dr. Oz's You Having A Baby & babycenter.com updates.

(7) When did you start pumping to build a freezer stash? How often did you pump at first and what time of day?  I started early on.  Maybe after 3 weeks, but only after the 1st morning nursing session (while I was on leave that was around 8 - 9am)

(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?  favorite etsy store?  (esp for kid stuff) 

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 9 months on Friday!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? He finally cut though the first top tooth (and the second will be any minute now).  The annoying thing is that he's exploring his new teeth and therefore is constantly grinding/clicking the tops and bottoms together.  I can't stand that sound!

(3) Next appointment date?  Next week for the 9-month well baby visit.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Keeping him awake in the evenings.  His naps have been greatly reduced lately (only about 2-2.5 hours total in a day), and he's tired and ready for bed at 6:00pm (he used to go to bed at 7:00pm).  The problem with this is that we only just get home at about 4:45-5:00, so with dinner in there (also considering that he's on more finger foods now, therefore self-feeds and it takes longer to eat) we get almost NO time together in the evening.  He's still STTN, so I guess I can't complain, but I miss him!  I was late for work this morning because I spent extra time this morning snuggling to make up for last night.

(5) Do you have a bedtime routine? Bath, singing, reading, something else? When did you start it?  Yes, bath, massage/pajamas (with music playing and me singing softly), bottle, then book if he's still awake after the bottle (usually not lately).  I'd love to do the book before the bottle, but he gets really fussy/tired by the time his jammies are on, and he wants that bottle NOW!  Sometimes lately before the bath we'll read a few books together to try to get storytime in every evening.

(6) What are your favorite/most helpful pregnancy books?  I liked "Your Pregnancy: Week by Week" .

(7) When did you start pumping to build a freezer stash? How often did you pump at first and what time of day?  I started pumping at 1 week to try to increase my supply (which unfortunately did not work).  I pumped after every feeding.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

15 months next Monday.

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

More and more vocabulary everyday emerges for Libby, it's really amazing. She's also started counting and recognizing shapes. Her favorites are circle, star and heart.

And she's added "orange" to her color repertoire...so know she can say and identify: blue, green, purple, yellow, pink, orange and black. She can identify, but still does not say: red, brown, or white.

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

15 Month Check Up on May 10. More shots. Crying

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

Darn one year molars STILL haven't come through but are causing Libby lots of pain which makes her crabby and wakeful.

(5) Do you have a bedtime routine? Bath, singing, reading, something else? When did you start it?

We do dinner, bath, naked time, lotion/diaper/pjs, book, soft music/rock/nurse and then put her in her crib, drowsy but awake. She has a "blankie" that she snuggles during the book and rocking or nursing time and she sleeps with it. She'll get it when she's sleepy and say "nigh-night banket."  We started this specific routine with her when we transitioned her to her crib in January (just before 12 months old). Before that, we did bath, book and nurse/snuggle to sleep in our bed. We had been doing that since she was about 4 months old.

(6) What are your favorite/most helpful pregnancy books? Mayo Clinic's Guide to Pregnancy

(7) When did you start pumping to build a freezer stash? How often did you pump at first and what time of day?  

Started pumping 4 weeks PP so we could introduce the bottle. Started building a stash with pumping 2x day and created an oversupply issue. Froze milk but at 8 weeks PP discovered I produce excess lipase and had to trash the stash. Went back to work with NO stash and just pumped/scalded milk for the next day. By then she was refusing all bottles, so she only took 2-3 oz. of "fresh" milk (refrigerated, scalded expressed milk) by cup in the mornings on workdays and then I'd come home at lunch to nurse. She held out from 1-4 p.m. when I'd be home to nurse her. She was a "reverse cycler" and nursed a lot between 4 p.m. and 5 a.m. (when I got up for work).

(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins? TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success? Charting my 4th PP cycle and this time I'm busting out the CBEFM since I am unable to consistently track BBT. So CBEFM + CM + CP hopefully will give an accurate picture of when I am Oing. Still thinking we won't TTC until September but that might change depending upon my work situation. Yes, it's an issue...AGAIN. Ugh.
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 9 weeks, 5 adjusted

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? eh. was feeling guilty for delivering early. see below. no milestones yet. D is on the 5w development chart since he was early.

OH! but D is now 10 lbs. 8 oz! woo hoo!!! i love that he's getting so big =)

he also had his 2 month shots. yikes.

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? First week of May with the pediatric surgeon for D's possible inguinal hernia consult

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? when things have been getting rough (which honestly isn't often) i've been feeling pretty down & guilty for delivering early. i know it's not my fault and that i have to keep things in perspective. also, it's been hard for me to "let go" of the whole pg/delivery experience, so i saw someone today 'cause i was worried i had post partum depression, but it turns out i have ptsd instead.

(5) Do you have a bedtime routine? Bath, singing, reading, something else? When did you start it?

no routine yet. but we keep all the lights low, minimize talking and put on some white noise.

(6) What are your favorite/most helpful pregnancy books?

i loved babycenter. i know that's a website. i read what to expect.

(7) When did you start pumping to build a freezer stash? How often did you pump at first and what time of day?  

starting pumping to build a freezer stash at 2-3 weeks. i pumped during a feeding when D is being bottle fed. also in the beginning D was on 22cal form. so when he was being fed the 22cal i would pump. plus in the beginning i couldn't BF each time 'cause he would get tired. so i would alternate nursing and pumping. i'm still pumping now during bottle feeds. whatever is extra goes in the freezer. i have tons of milk now.

(8) What other questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?  
    D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • imagekinibruin:

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? when things have been getting rough (which honestly isn't often) i've been feeling pretty down & guilty for delivering early. i know it's not my fault and that i have to keep things in perspective. also, it's been hard for me to "let go" of the whole pg/delivery experience, so i saw someone today 'cause i was worried i had post partum depression, but it turns out i have ptsd instead.

good for you for going to talk to someone.  Sometimes talking to someone else can make all of the difference.  and FWIW, my friend's little boy was 2 months early.  He was stuck in NICU for months, but now he is a healthy & happy 7 year old.  I know it is tough, but D will catch up soon enough!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? ONE YEAR, BABY!!! Big Smile

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? I'm currently sick, so am feeling like crap. Stick out tongue Milestones - they hit the big #1 yesterday!

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? I still haven't made that 12 month appointment - whoops. With all the illness, it slipped my mind.

Exciting stuff - just their birthday party tomorrow. Ben and a friend of mine joined up and made the cake today - we just need to decorate with some balloons etc tomorrow. 

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Illness. OMG. It's been BAD. Some kind of crazy stomach bug that all 4 of us have had now - vomiting, incredibly watery diarrhea, the works. Poor Dash had one night where he threw up 5 times between 11pm - 1.30am.

And now Dash has a killer diaper rash (his first ever!) from the diarrhea, which is so burning and acidic and happening so frequently that even though we change him ASAP, it's still given him this really painful rash (we slather him in cream but he actually screams when he poos - it's that bad).

(5) Do you have a bedtime routine? Bath, singing, reading, something else? When did you start it? Yup - we do bath, book (read by Ben), then bed. It used to be bath, book, bottle then bed, but we cut out that last bottle a couple of weeks ago (they hadn't really wanted it for some time). We did the bath routine from about 8 weeks and started in with the book at about 12 weeks.

Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy - FANTASTIC! Very helpful and accurate info, and also very neutral (e.g., circumcision is discussed but not in a good vs bad way - just the medical facts).

I bought Your Pregnancy Week by Week but barely cracked it open - being pregnant with twins, it just wasn't very applicable. But it looked like it would be a good resource for a singleton pregnancy.

When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads - this was my bible. Not everyone loves her dietary recommendations, but the rest of the info is invaluable.

For Ben, I got The Expectant Father, which was excellent (I even got some useful info from it!) and My Boys Can Swim! just for fun. 

(7) When did you start pumping to build a freezer stash? How often did you pump at first and what time of day?  N/A

• imagelelekay:
    The annoying thing is that he's exploring his new teeth and therefore is constantly grinding/clicking the tops and bottoms together.  I can't stand that sound!

LOL Dash did this for a couple of weeks - isn't it the worst? It was such a horrible noise that it made me grit my teeth every time he did it!

imagekinibruin:

(((hugs)))

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time, and I'm really glad you saw someone. I think that we all tend to have mommy guilt even in the best of circumstances, so when it's not the best then it's even worse. Just remember that you're the best mama he can have!

about 17.5 months

i think it was about 2 wks ago but she started walking and crawling backwards! so funny.  she also spontaneously says "thank you" now when she you give her something to eat that she really likes, or in the middle of eating something she'll say "yummy" in Vietnamese.

she is pretty much saying 1-2 new words per day now, which is amazing.  she's like a little parrot! her latest new words are yarn, goat, bee, bunny, penny, number, mother, and elbow

18 month appt for shots

temper tantrums - she got another cold and that has made her particularly cranky

bath, PJs, nursing, books, nursing, books, nursing, brush teeth, go to bed (yes she insists on nursing that many times and won't nurse just all at once!!!)it used to be just nursing then books, brush teeth, go to bed but then she got more needy.  i can't remember when that was or when we started our bedtime routine?

i read "what to expect when you're expecting" but i wouldn't consider it a favorite per se. i just didn't have many other books. i mostly got my info online

i started pumping immediately to relieve my engorgement which was a mistake b/c it caused over supply issues.  i never did it consistently or at a certain time of day, just when i was engorged.  my problem was i would pump too much (until i was almost empty) and not just a tiny bit to relieve the pressure (i didn't know any better)

5.5 months

E is starting to tripod sit - a few seconds at a time, hah.  

in 2 weeks for 6 month

E breaks out of the swaddle every.single.night.  yet, we can't put him down unswaddled.  i'm going to post separately about this, b/c it's driving me crazy!

bath (every other day), nurse, books, diaper, bed.  i can't remember exactly when we started - maybe a month ago?

pregnancy, childbirth, and the newborn (for everything), mayo clinic guide (for week by week), the expectant father (for MH), ina may's guide to childbirth (for med-free labor)

i started pumping less than 12 hours after E was born b/c he was in the NICU.  I pumped 7x/day, around the clock, for the first month.  I was definitely building a stash then, since he wasn't eating a ton.  I ended up with oversupply, then mastitis (which killed my supply on that side), then things evened out and I stopped pumping regularly once E could bf 100%.  then we discovered E's food sensitivities, so I had to donate my stash; I started from scratch 5 weeks before i went back to work.  i pumped 1x/day, in the evenings before bed, during E's longest stretch of sleep - I still do this now (in addition to pumping twice while at work)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"