1st Trimester
Options

Peace of Mind (Sort of )

So I had been having some cramping that had localized to one side. I had driven myself crazy thinking I was ectopic so I went to urgent care this morning. They sent me to OB right away and the OB did a vaginal ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a gestational sac in the uterus (yay!), but the sac measured only 0.49 cm. According to my EDD, I am 6 weeks 5 days today. But according to that measurement, the OB estimated that I am somewhere between 4-5 weeks. Since the sac was so teeny tiny, we did not see a trace of baby anywhere. Not to worry though, because the OB said that's pretty typical not to be able to see the baby that early. Even if I am 6 weeks 5 days, it's not 100% that we would be able to see the baby. So I'm happy it's not ectopic and I'm happy that there's actually something in there. I'm confused about my dates now, though. My LMP was 3/3/11. My last period before that was 1/19/11. My cycles were usually pretty regular but that was the first irregular one due to the fact (I think) that I just went off BC in December. Maybe I didn't O when I thought? I wasn't using an ovulator kit yet, just tracking it with the little tracker on-line. As my hubby said, "Who cares when it happened? You're pregnant now." If only it were that simple.... :)
Because you're mine, I walk the line....
Landry Mark: 11/5/11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Peace of Mind (Sort of )

• Options

Glad to hear everything went well, my thought maybe you O'ed later then you think.

I would freak out or get yourself worked up, I know easier said then done.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    According to my LMD and original EDD, I should be almost 8 weeks today.  I have long cycles though so I chart and take my BBT, so I know when I ovulated.  I told the doctor I was more like 6 weeks and my u/s yesterday confirmed that.  You probably just O'd later than you though- using the calendar method is not always accurate, and if you are like me and have irregular cycles, it's hardly ever accurate.  I O as early as day 13 and as late as day 24.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"