Georgia Babies
Options

What's your jogging stroller advice?

I don't know where to start. New? Used? Is there something that is a must have? Anything that is just hype?

I don't want to spend a lot, but I want to have a great comfortable ride for DS and good maneuverability for me.

Re: What's your jogging stroller advice?

• Options
    I love my Bob.  I actually use it as my only stroller now I love it so much.  I bought it used on craigslist, but since I use it as much as I do I think it would have still been worth the money if I had bought it new.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I will be selling our baby jogger single stroller soon. It has bigger wheels so that it is easier to run with or go on trails with, which was important to us. The front wheel does not pivot. It is red.

We now have a Double Bob stroller and love it too.

You will see a variety of opinions on here, I think the best thing is to test a few out if you can from your friends. Also let DH try them out too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekbrickell:

I will be selling our baby jogger single stroller soon. It has bigger wheels so that it is easier to run with or go on trails with, which was important to us. The front wheel does not pivot. It is red.

We now have a Double Bob stroller and love it too.

You will see a variety of opinions on here, I think the best thing is to test a few out if you can from your friends. Also let DH try them out too.

This is what ours looks like, but this is not our posting. Exact color and size of wheels, everything.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bab/2324634007.html

• Options
    We had a single BOB and I highly recommend it. We used it constantly with Bailey even at Disney. It's easy to turn and moves great. If you don't want to get a new one look on craigslist. When I sold my single BOB they were going for $250-350 depending on what was included.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a BOB Ironman single and BOB Revolution duallie.  I like them both for different reasons.  The Ironman is great for running b/c it has better shocks and bigger front wheel than the Revolution.  But, the front wheel doesn't pivot, so I only use it for running.  It's a pain to take places b/c of that.  I don't run much with the duallie but I like it for walking around and taking the kids to the zoo.  The duallie plus both kids is almost 100 lbs, which is a lot to push on the hills intown. :)
  • Options
    highly recommend the single BOB.  I had the single revolution but sold it to buy the phil and ted's....I miss it so much and now I want a double.
  • Options

Well, I typed this up a while ago and apparently it never posted... so here goes (sorry if I duplicate what others may have already said):

We have the BOB Revolution and we love it.  Things I like about it are that it has actual rubber tires (not little plastic ones), suspension, and the front wheel can either be locked straight or you can switch it so that it swivels.  If you're on a pretty straight trail or sidewalk you may want to leave it locked in place, but if you're doing any amount of turning you'll really want the swivel feature.  It's easy to fold up and you can get attachments for it such as the snack tray for the baby and drink holders for the parent.

There is also the BOB Ironman stroller which is a little more hard core for serious runners and has a hand brake.  My neighbor has that one and the hand brake and slightly different tires are really the only difference I can think of.  I think that one may be a little better for roads and the Revolution better if you go on any trails?

I'm sure you can find a BOB on craigslist if you wanted to get a used one because they are very popular.  That's my 2 cents...  

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options

imagecare99:
      The duallie plus both kids is almost 100 lbs, which is a lot to push on the hills intown. :)

I tried the other day to run with both kids. MAJOR FAIL!!! That thing gets so heavy with both kids.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love my baby jogger performance series.  I bought it on the recommendation of a friend that is a marathon runner/ triathlete.  It is amazing to push while running. It pushes so easily that is is annoying to push empty whenI am on my way to pick up my son.  My only complaint is that I have to take the wheels off to get it to fold flat. it does fold completely flat though.  I got it used on craig's list and the woman had used it once.

ours is just like this stroller

I have a friend that complains about her BOB iron man all the time. too hard to turn, her son was too tall at 2.

I will say, if you want something for more than just running a BOB revolution is the bet by.  If you are just running Baby jogger performance series.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Granted, this is the only jogging stroller I've ever tried --- I love our BOB revolution. It's easy to maneuver and jog with. DH and I said that we should have just bought this stroller to start with and never missed with any other. We really wanted to get a Duallie but I just dont have room to store it at my house.
  • Options
    Another vote for the Bob!  I wish I had this from day one to be honest....I only found it after we had Avery.  Every penny you spend on one is worth it!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a Bumbleride Indie and although I love it as an all-around stroller, it is only recommended as a light jogger.  If I were a more serious runner, I'd get something else (like a Bob probably!).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Another huge BOB Revolution fan here too. I've run with a bunch of different jogging strollers and none of them compare.

I serached for months on Craigslist. They are few and far between and the sellers are often asking for close to retail price. BRU puts them on sale for 20% off about once a quarter, and I used my 10% registry completion coupon to get a good deal on a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"