Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Too big for baby bath tub now what?

DS is too big for his infant bath tub. What are you guys using after they grow out? I've heard some people say they use the big inflatable duck. I definitely don't trust him being in the tub without anything just yet because sometime he'll fling himself back. Needs suggestions?? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Too big for baby bath tub now what?

• Options
    LCB34LCB34 member
    We've been using the duck tub for a little over 2 months now and it works great for us.
  • Options
    We used an inflatable tub for a little bit, but now we just (cautiously) put him in the big tub.  He sits very well and he is never in there without supervision (obviously).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This is what we started using with DD once she wanted to start sitting up in the tub.  I know some people go straight to the tub but DD loves this seat.  She is able to splash and reach for toys with a tiny bit of freedom (not that our hands and eyes aren't always right there but we don't have to support her body the whole time and she like it)  The front opens to easily get baby in and out.

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Baby-Deluxe-Bath-Seat/dp/B002ZO5W8Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303243422&sr=8-2

• Options
    we have the inflatable duck and I love it.  I like the seat idea too though.
  • Options

I bought the duck tub for DD.  I have not used it yet.  I want her to get a little more stable sitting unsupported before I make the big switch and also, I am dreading the switch.  I love my infant sink tub - it is too great - the water constantly flows through so it is always the same temp and always fresh. 

On the bath seats - I heard that they have not been AAP approved yet - but maybe my info is out of date. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

My son is pretty big but he still fits in ours. We just turn him around so he is facing the slanted part like the 3rd pic on below link. We have this one...

https://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Infant-Toddler-Sling/dp/B000067EH7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303244350&sr=8-1 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kamaya is just now starting to get to big for her infant tub and we were just going to move her to the big tub but now I'm kinda likeing the duck idea.
  • Options
    Ds and i just both get in the bath tub together.  it it a little snug for me. but he is happy.
  • Options
    We've been using the duck tub for the last 2 months and Charlie loves it!  Big enough for her to splash around in but not too big to fall over in easily (not that we aren't there supervising her every second anyway).  It's the perfect size.  And it quacks when you squeeze the beak which always gets a huge smile out of Charlie!
  • Options

Your LO pic is so cute....it's like what mom I love talk with my hands!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We LOVE the duck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"