Connecticut Babies
Options

Mystic/Groton area

I'm new to the area and we don't know a single person here.  Can anyone recommend a good way to make other mom friends.  I'm also looked for fun things to go with my 9 month old daughter.  We joined the aquarium but would love to find more things to do.  I wouldn't mind taking some sort of classes with her too.

Also, are there any good farmer's markets in the area?  I went to the Stonington one but it was pretty small. 

Re: Mystic/Groton area

• Options

Hi! I live in a town very close to those, and blog about the things I do with my daughter in this area. I am originally from NY as well (LI) and had a pretty hard time finding things to do around here, which is why I started my blog. I would love to get together, or just give you suggestions as needed. 

The link in my siggy is the blog I am talking about, and my e-mail is in the about me section.  HTH!

• Options
    Hi there! We are semi-new to the area as well. We live in Gales Ferry and I work in Mystic. I am due May 13 and would love to meet other moms out there since this is my first baby and I don't know many people around here yet. Now that it's getting to be nice out there is so much more to do. I'd love to get in touch with anyone from the area as well! My e-mail is roxysears@hotmail.com   Definatly get in touch any moms from the area!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pazranapazrana member
    I live a bit North of you, but I go to swim classes with my daughter.  It's called Bubbles to Butterflies and the classes meet at the Americ Inn in Griswold.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well, I'm not  "mom" friend yet...but, there are a bunch of farmer's markets around.  Not many are all that big that I know of.  Pequotsepos Nature Center has them.  There is one in Lyme that is supposed to be pretty big.  I actually tend to skip the markets and use a delivery company called CT Farm Fresh Express.  They go to farms, artisans, and bakeries all around the state and deliver to your door!.  You can order online from Thurs - Tues Morning and they deliver on Thursdays.  They work with a bunch of organic, sustainable, and animal humane farms.  I have been using them for a couple of years now.  They are really, really wonderful!  You can search for them online. There is also a market in New London called Fiddleheads that is supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't been there yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"