Georgia Babies
Options

Toddler carseat questions?

Just ordered Gavin's new seat- Britax Frontier.  Those that have it, will he be able to climb in/out of it on his own?  This was my only complaint about the Marathon and Roundabout.  Since they sit up so high, he could never really climb in w/o assistance.  Also, do your kids buckle themselves in?  Gavin knows that he has to be buckled and will remind us if we forget, but he's not that interested in actually doing it himself.  This has been fine w/ us b/c we want to make sure that he's in securely... but my niece buckles herself in and I'm wondering if Gavin should do this himself or not?  Your thoughts?

Re: Toddler carseat questions?

• Options
    Alec climbs up into the Marathon himself.  Aerin has also just started doing this as well.  Alec buckles the top part, but I always finish buckling and double check.  I personally wouldn't feel comfortable having them buckle themselves in fully---I would always double-check for myself.
  • Options

Geneva does get in and out of it herself. But, she has caught her side on armrest and it kinda hurt. She still needs a hand to get down from the car, but it's not too bad.

And no, she doesn't buckle herself in. She'll fasten the top part, but that's it. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would think that he would be able to climb in and out by himself. Lauren is able to climb in and out of her Roundabout on her own. I almost ordered her a Frontier the other day, but her seated shoulder height is too short for the seat. Poor girl is going to be stuck in a convertible for a long time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Both boys can climb into their Marathons easily, and Jack can buckle/unbuckle himself but Ethan cannot. I can hear Jack's 3 clicks when he does it and he'll pull on the straps to prove to me they are secure (he's in the way back, so I don't go back unless he can't get it untwisted or something, rare).
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    OK so what I'm hearing is that Gavin is either too lazy or uncoordinated to climb into that darn seat by himself- lol!  It's probably a combo- he is my child after all.  Seriously, so jealous that your kids will climb up into their seats.  It kills my back.  And when I was pg, omg- I seriously would cringe at the thought of loading him up!  Gavin has tried a few times but makes it look like he's climbing Everest so we always end up helping him.  I guess I'll start encouraging him to do it himself.  Such a stinker.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"