Multiples
Options

Protein shakes

I know I'm not getting enough protein in my diet and I want to start drinking protein shakes. What brands/flavors did you like best and where did you buy them?

TIA!

TTC since 8/08 with MFI IVF #1 Nov 2010 BFP! Twins!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Protein shakes

• Options
    I drank a Muscle Milk (usually a lite one) daily when I was pg.  I liked the chocolate best but they have lots of flavors.  I was able to find cases at Costco so it was decently cheap.  In a pinch I could get either Boost or Ensure at the grocery store.  Between the 2, I preferred Boost.

• Options

I liked the EAS brand Dark Chocolate Fudge or the Royal Chocolate. I also liked the Muscle Milk Light in Chocolate Mint. They can be purchased at Target or Walmart. I thought these 2 brands were the least metallicy tasting and packed the most protein per serving (15+ grams). I rarely ever drank them as is--instead, I'd mix it with a banana, ice, and/or milk or yogurt. (so more like a smoothie). If I blended one with Greek yogurt that was a major protein shake--over 25 grams!! Tasted really good, IMO.

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used Whey to Go from the health food store b/c there was a report that came out last year about high heavy metal levels in a bunch of protein drinks.  WTG was ok.
  • Options
    I drink Ensure PLUS drinks, plus I add 2 cups of skim milk to it, since it's quite rich by itself.  It tastes just as good as chocolate milk, and not weird like other protein shakes.  Plus it has all the vitamins and minerals, etc.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I use a brown rice protein shake from Whole Foods.  I blend the powder with some spinach, strawberries, a banana, raspberrierries, and bluberries.  It really is pretty good. 
    Thank you TTCAL and IF board. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Miscarried December of 2008, Ectopic Pregnancy November of 2009

IVF #1 = BFN | IVF #2 = BFP: 9dp5dt (399), 14dp5dt (2489)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6,7
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicIn loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia
  • Options
    Ive been doing 2 cups of milk, a greek yogurt (plain fage has 18g alone of protein), a packet of SF carnation instant breakfast. Then i throw in whatever fruit i want. Its comes out to be about 32g of protein.
  • Options
    I get the Premier Nutrition protein shakes from Costco. I think they're about $1.13 per shake. They only have them in chocolate at our Costco, but I think they taste like chocolate milk! They have 30 grams of protein!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies ladies! These are some wonderful suggestions. Protein here I come!
    TTC since 8/08 with MFI IVF #1 Nov 2010 BFP! Twins!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"