High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Other spots to inject Lovenox

I have been on Lovenox since August, and I do all the shots in my belly. Now that I am 24 weeks, my belly is bigger and I am bruising and getting hematomas. I think it is because my belly is harder and more pulled.?

Anyway- where else can I do the injections? And have you done them there? Thanks a lot ladies. GL to everyone! ?

DS born 7.30.11

Re: Other spots to inject Lovenox

• Options
    I am just a lurker here, but I give mine in my upper thighs.  I always have, instead of my belly due to the problems you are having now.  Just make sure you switch off legs every day, and as my doctor puts it: "go in a clockwork motion".  That way you can give certain spots, and your legs a break every other day. :)  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am six weeks pregnant and have been on lovenox for a week and wondered about exactly what you are talking about.  How do you give a shot in your tummy later when it is so hard?  How do you pinch the skin to give it?  Do you all know of any tips to avoid bruising or the ridiculous burning from the shot?  Also, do you inject at a 90 degree angle or 45?  Thanks! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i was on lovenox shots my entire pregnancy with my daughter. here's my tips. the thighs are good, but i also did them off to the side of my stomach (think love handles). i actually did about 95% of my shots in my stomach and off to the side a bit, and my belly was HUGE by the end. 90 degree angle, inject SLOWLY, and for me lying down when i did the injection and for about 20 minutes afterward pretty much eliminated the bruising and helped considerably with the burning.

good luck ladies. :)

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    If your H is willing, he can inject the back of your upper arms.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

With my last pregnancy I started doing the shots in my love handle area as well after it got harder to pull the skin in my belly.  I have also heard thighs are okay but never did it.  I get little bruises too and don't really know how to avoid them...my dr just said that is normal when I asked about it.  It should be fun this summer at the pool with all my bruises...

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    I've been on Lovenox for a DVT since early November and have been consistently injecting into my hip area since January. Once the stomach got big, it was too hard to do it on my stomach. I find the fatty area on the hips much less painful anyone. As for bruising...it's a crap shoot. I find that if I'm very, very careful and avoid veins (which is nearly impossible at this point as they seem to multiply daily), I can avoid some bruising. Some weeks I will not have a single bruise and others I will have them covering both hips. Strange.
  • Options

imagetoosamom:
    I am six weeks pregnant and have been on lovenox for a week and wondered about exactly what you are talking about.  How do you give a shot in your tummy later when it is so hard?  How do you pinch the skin to give it?  Do you all know of any tips to avoid bruising or the ridiculous burning from the shot?  Also, do you inject at a 90 degree angle or 45?  Thanks! 

I've been on Lovenox for just a few weeks now. I'm 36 weeks along and don't have any trouble. A nurse came to help me learn how to give the shots and gave me some pointers about good places to give them. I do in the area of the "love handles" and at the bottom of my stomach on each side - think 45 degrees from the belly button on each side just an inch or so down. I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ice the area where I'm going to inject first. It really helps make it pretty quick and painless. It burns a tad when I inject, but as soon as all the meds are in, I can't even tell I gave the shot. And luckily, no bruising. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"