Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Very Concerned - Daughter only stands on one leg

My daughter is 7 months old, and she has recently started only standing on her right leg when i hold her up.  She will not put any weight on her left leg.  I have moved her leg around and pressed it up to her tummy and she does not seem to be in pain. I am beginning to get very concerned.  I have picked her right leg up to see if she will stand on her left leg, but she will not.  I just wondering if any other mothers that have had this issue. 

Re: Very Concerned - Daughter only stands on one leg

• Options
    I haven't had this issue, but has her Dr checked her out at any appts? Addison just had her six month checkup and the Dr checked out her ability to stand/put pressure on her legs. Maybe call and see if they can see her to check if there is anything going on. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I would get it checked out, I saw something on the news a couple weeks ago about this happening to a baby...the parents noticed their baby would only crawl using one arm, etc. and it did end up being something fixable, but a dr. needed to diagnose. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Allergic to soy, oat, egg, peanuts, and tree nuts
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD did this for a little while. We think when she started crawling, she pulled a muscle or turned her foot wrong. We really worked on her leg and foot. ie Put her other foot on the floor while we hold her up and lift the other leg to make her put weight on it. Wiggle both legs like rowing. We even iced it to make sure. Her foot was a little swollen, but we gave it the weekend before calling. By Monday, her foot was all better and she was using her leg again. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"