3rd Trimester
Options

Decaf Starbucks...

I just found out that it was possible to order an iced white chocolate mocha as decaf.  What world have I been living in?!  And to think I've been depriving myself of my yummy drink for the past 7 months.  My oh my.

Re: Decaf Starbucks...

• Options

believe it or not - but you can have the real stuff.  just in moderation.  Try a split shot!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They can make pretty much everything you would normally order caf in decaf. I a lot of times get half calf too cause it tastes a bit better..for some reason decaf can give me a sour stomach.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Still not as good as the real thing, but yes anything with espresso comes in decaf.  Sometimes I get a skinny vanilla latte in decaf.  Can't wait to go back to the real deal.
  • Options
    1/2 caff is the way to go! They can also do decaf or 1/2 caff Frappachinos too :)

May 2011 Siggy Challenge
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Yes, 1/2 caff is a wonderful thing!!!
  • Options
    I asked them and they can do ANYTHING in half calf or decaf, even the frapps. I usually get the half calf while mocha, iced. It is so yummy!!
  • Options
    You poor, poor people! Depriving yourself of caffeine for 10 months!? I would have killed someone by now. My Dr. literally laughed when I asked her if she recommended not drinking it. I think she saw the look of terror on my face. Then again, I'm someone who believes in everything in moderation... Thank god I found a Dr. who is not an extremist as well.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    Having a toddler this time around, there was NO way I could give up caffeine. I tried - didn't work. I still have my daily cup of coffee... and I savor every sip. No depriving myself here!  Especially when it's allowed!!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehales.21:
    I just found out that it was possible to order an iced white chocolate mocha as decaf.  What world have I been living in?!  And to think I've been depriving myself of my yummy drink for the past 7 months.  My oh my.

Oh my goodness!  My FAVORITE is the white chocolate mocha with extra caramel drizzle!  Luckily, I talk myself out of it every time... but as soon as LO is here I will be so excited to kick back and enjoy a venti!

• Options
    my favorite is Java Chip Decaf Soy Milk (i'm lactose intolerant). DH gives me grief when I order my drink.
  • Options
    LOL.  You can order anything from Starbucks decaf or at least half caf.  I have not deprived myself though. I have one caffeinated drink per day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Man, I feel stupid now.  LOL.  I haven't been 'depriving' myself of all caffeine.. just Starbucks, mostly.  I've had 1 or 2 since being pregnant, but I was never sure how much caffeine was in it.  I do have a pepsi every now and again though, otherwise I would die of headaches.

But I feel much better now that I know I can do decaf (of half caff) iced mochas LOL.

• Options

i discovered that about halfway thru my 2nd pregnancy...

so for my 3rd, i started out with decaf venti iced white mocha's (nonfat, no whip please)... but i couldn't deal without the caffeine. so for the last month or so i dropped the decaf... and i got one almost everyday before work

i'm not working now, so i get one only every 2 weeks or so, and not being able to have one has helped keep the weight off, unlike last time!

but i still need the caffeine!

• Options

I only order decaf after about 3 pm.

I might still be allowed caffeine, but my body doesn't do well with getting hepped up on coffee and going to bed early. Really, with Starbucks I'm more concerned with empty sugar calories and ridiculous prices than I am with caffeine.

• Options
    lmao when I worked at Starbucks in high school, anytime someone ordered something decaf we called it a 'Whybother.' And you're allowed to have caffeine in moderation, as PP's have said...
    Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • Options

imageg00dg0llymsm0lly:
    lmao when I worked at Starbucks in high school, anytime someone ordered something decaf we called it a 'Whybother.' And you're allowed to have caffeine in moderation, as PP's have said...

that's pretty much what my dh said... especially if you're going to pay $4+ for it...

• Options
    There are 75 mg of caffeine per Starbucks espresso shot. You can have 200 mg a day, so anything with 2 or fewer shots (tall or grande) is fine. Being pregnant is hard enough without caffeine for ten months.
  • Options
    I miss my Starbucks White Chocolate Mochas. Crying I can't have them because the White Chocolate syrup they use has coconut oil in it and I'm allergic to coconut.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    just get the real deal! i get starbucks at least 3-4 times a week and get a fully caffeinated grande raspberry mocha frappachino. it's only 175mg of caffeine i believe... maybe less and you're allowed 200 a day
  • Options
    I have been drinking the hot one and just switched over to the iced white chocolate mocha (due to the warm weather) and it is like heaven in a cup! Sadly, it is the highlight of my day. LOL! 
  • Options

As an official barista of SBUX yes we can do anything half cad or decaf ... but word of caution sbux chemically removes the caffine to make our decaf... its competely safe and wont harm you however if you or big on organic or chemical free the reg caf is better and do latte's not ice coffee or hot coffee. there is only 75mg of caf per shot where in coffee's it's 15mg per ounce when can add very quickly! and for those mom's worried about sugar one to two less pumps of syrup wont change the flavor much with the addition of a pump of sugar free vanilla as a sweeten agent!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"