School-Aged Children
Options

If your kiddo is/was into super heros...

Can you give me some guidance here?

I'm not exactly up to speed on my super heros.

My 4 yr old is coming home from pre-school talking about transformers, decepticons, super heroes, iron man, etc.

Now... I've SEEN the transformers movie and iron man and know full well that my kids are not gonna see them for a while.

I'm assuming there's a cartoon version too?

Is there ANY hero book series or tv shows that are not full of things blowing up and people/things being shot at and killed?

What ever the 4 yr old sees... the 3 yr old will see too.

I'd like to limit the violence. 

Recommendations for some non-violent hero outlets for them?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: If your kiddo is/was into super heros...

• Options

Sure, we didn't let DS see the Transformers movies until he was almost 6 years old. 

Until then, he loved Power Rangers and some of the old Justice League videos.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Super Why! is a great cartoon for little ones. It's a PBSkid's show. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ok, I know almost all there is to know about this subject.  There is a Transformers Animated.  It is very cartoonish, no weapons etc.  It isn't on TV anymore, but there are dvds.  There is also a cartoon on tv right now with the classic super heroes, iron man/ wolverine/ thor/ hulk... but they are kids or something. That is pretty good.

Super Why is not a super hero.

image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • Options
    imagelaceyjean1:

Super Why is not a super hero.

Ha, it's a good thing I didn't say that "he" was. lol 

ETA: He sure is sporting some super hero gear :-P

Superwhylogo.jpg 

• Options

The library has transformers DVDs from the 80s.  Totally kid appropriate.

• Options

We bought some DVDs of the old Super Friends shows from the early 1980s. DS (4.5) loves them, and they're pretty funny to watch (very campy).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly I redirect when they are into things I'm not ready for them to be into yet.  I listen, but don't buy them stuff or have them watch stuff about it.  DS came home playing light sabres a few times from Daycare, but I didn't get him into Star Wars.  I just focus on his other interests, like trains.
  • Options

DS is 6 and watches Power Rangers on Nick.  There is fighting, but they are teens and their powers seem to maim rather than kill. 

He also watches Star Wars, the Clone Wars (cartoon).

We have DVDs of Rescue Heros, which are fire fighters, police officers, sea captains, etc. - no violence and they are everyday guys who save people.

Also, I'm not sure if Marvel's "Superhero Squad" is geared for young kids or not.  It's more little kid than regular superheros.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"