Baby Names

Nickname for Veronica

I love the name Veronica, but I don't like the nickname Ronnie.  (I had a boss that went by Ronnie once and we didn't get along!)  What do you think about Nikky or Vera as a nickname for Veronica???

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Nickname for Veronica

• imageTracyc617:

I love the name Veronica, but I don't like the nickname Ronnie.  (I had a boss that went by Ronnie once and we didn't get along!)  What do you think about Nikky or Vera as a nickname for Veronica???

Niki or Vera both work well. Honestly, I also think it would be nice to just call her by her full name. Lots of people successfully go through life by their full name!

• Haha, very true! 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My friend Veronica goes by Vee.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • NannaNanna member
    My niece's name is Veronica and she's almost 8.  No one has ever attempted to call her Ronnie.  She mostly is called Veronica and occasionally V, but that's about it.
    imageimageimage
  • I know a little Veronica that goes by Vera!
    Married: 11.14.09
    BFP: 6.19.14   EDD: 2.28.15
    Pregnancy Ticker 

• I like the idea of just using V as a nn. I think Veronica is a great name that doesn't need to be shortened though!
  • My sister in law is named Veronique which is basically just the French version of Veronica. We all call her Vero. Similar to Vera, but you can slap the french accent on it a little easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i know a Veronica that goes by Vero or Vee
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Veronicas I know/have met usually use the full name.  I've also heard of Nica as a nn.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I had a friend that went by Nika (nee kuh) and I loved it! I also love Vera!
    Ash -- Married to my wonderful soldier, expecting our first in November :)BabyFruit Ticker
  • My Aunt Veronica goes by her full name or "V"
  • my name is Veronica and my family calls me Vero friends annoyingly call me Vern. I always hated Ronnie. For the most part everyone just calls me Veronica
  • Vanna, Veda, Vena, Verena, Verica, Verna, Verona, Vida  

Nicky/Nikki, Ricky/Rikki, Vicky/Vicki

A "fun nickname" option would be "Veronica Harmonica".

• My name is also Veronica! I have always loved that it is rarely used. Ive only ever met one other Veronica, and she was a little...umm, Ghetto, shall we say? haha she went by Vonna...no thanks;)

Growing up my family called me Nic, or Nica. Since  highschool my friends have always called me Vern, unfortunately lol But all of my Husbands friends definitely call me Vern as well.

Nice choice on a Great name though;) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"