Baby Names
Options

Female variations of William or Walter?

I am not pregnant but was just thinking. For the next one we would want to honor DH's father. No problems if its a boy, but if its a girl what female variations of his name could we do?

Re: Female variations of William or Walter?

• Options
    There's Wilhelmina. Maybe Willa. Even Wilma could work- maybe too flintstoney though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Willow
  • Options
    I agree with PP on Willa and Willow, really like both of those too!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Willow or Willa come to mind...
  • Options
    MrsVoMrsVo member

imageEmiliana7:
    There's Wilhelmina. Maybe Willa. Even Wilma could work- maybe too flintstoney though.

I love Wilhelmina with the nn Mina.

Diagnosed PCOS 2/07, TTC #1 since 8/09
    11/10 - Clomid Round 1 = BFN
    12/10 - Clomid Round 2 = BFN
    1/11 - Voluntary Break = BFN (duh)
    2/11 - Clomid Round 3 = BFN
    3/11 - Femara + IUI = BFP * Beta#1=56 * Beta#2=266
    *Cautiously expecting baby girls on November 28, 2011*
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Willow or Willa
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a great aunt named Waleska which is close to Walter but I don't recommend it. I would stick with Wikllow or Willa or another "W" name.
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options
    I had a great aunt named Waleska which is close to Walter but I don't recommend it. I would stick with Willow or Willa or another "W" name.
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options
    although these names may not be derived from william or walter, here are some "W" names: whitney, wren, wanda, wynona.
  • Options

Wilma... tee hee

Wendy, Whitney, Willa/Willamena

• Options
    I know two women named Billie.  Both are in their 50s, but gorgeous women.  It makes me like the name.
    Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Options
    I know a girl name Maillim (pronounced Maylim)which is after her father William.  It's William spelled backwards with an M on the end instead of W. 
  • Options
    I love Willa.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    Love Willow or Willa. I know a little girl named Willow and she's adorable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My mother's name is Wilhelmina, and she's gone by Billie her whole life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"