January 2011 Moms
Options

HELP! Daycare and feeding concern

I just came back to work last week (sniff, sniff) and I'm not used to the whole pumping/bottle thing.  Tell me if you think this is okay. 

Last week, I was feeding DS at 7 AM and dropping him off at 7:30.  I was leaving 3, 3 oz bottles, then picking him up at 3:30.  (so total of 8 hours) 

I noticed he wasn't getting the last bottle, or they were just starting it when I got there.  So, this week I changed it up. 

I feed him at 7 AM, drop off at 7:30, then pick up at 3:30.  But, now I send two 4 oz bottles and she has some frozen milk for a third just incase-but hasn't used it at all this week. 

Do you think LO is getting enough?  I feed him right after pick up.

(He is 15 wks)

Re: HELP! Daycare and feeding concern

• Options

anybody? Tongue Tied

• Options
    just lurking here!...there is a calculator on kellymom.com that tells you how much (minimum/avg and max) your LO should be eating....let me look for it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRochell:
    just lurking here!...there is a calculator on kellymom.com that tells you how much (minimum/avg and max) your LO should be eating....let me look for it

Here it is!

KELLYMOM CALC

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My little oinker went through five 4-oz bottles of pumped milk today (when we started a couple weeks ago, she would take three).  We send five, she usually has four of them, although she may not fully drain each one.  If I were you, I would send more, it can't hurt to have it on hand, you can always cycle them through the next day as long as they are staying refrigerated.  If he is not fussing to be fed, and he is wetting enough diapers, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  He is probably just getting used to the new routine.
  • Options

Rochell-thanks for that link!  Very good info :o)

Holly!!!  Oh my goodness!  Do you pump that much???!! If so, WHEN?!!!  You are my hero. (Oh, and now I really feel like I'm starving him-I will definitely send extra)

• Options
    jay is a good eater. My pedi said he is at the very high end for his eating. He eates 5-6 oz. every 2-4 hours of formula.
  • Options
    1-2 oz an hour is normal. My LO is 16 weeks and takes 12-13 oz/day.  They were giving her 16 but I think that was too much and I didn't think I could keep up with it long term so I asked them to scale back.  Now I have 30-40 oz of oversupply every 5 days which is helping me at least add to my freezer supply as well.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

I drop off at 7:30, pick up at 4:30 (but her last bottle is usually at 3:30) and LO eats 4 3-oz bottles each day. If LO seems content, I wouldn't worry. If they need more calories, they'll get it at night! I'm actually bumping up LO's bottles to 3.5 oz this week to squeeze a few extra ounces in her in hopes of helping her ease out of a nighttime feeding (not forcing it, just seeing if a little more during the day helps.)

My LO is pretty small, however.  Wasn't yet 11 pounds at her last appointment.

• Options

My LO is 14 weeks. I drop off at 7 and pick up at 4.

I feed him at 6:30 am. He gets 4 ounces at 10 am, 4 ounces at 1 pm and I feed him when I get him at 4.

I pump only once at work at about 11 am. I get about 7-9 ounces. I usually pump once or twice on the weekends to get enough to supp on the days that I pump less than I need.

I have NO freezer stash and am okay with that because I am getting enough to feed him now and I am not all stressed out about pumping every 2minutes (which I was doing once upon a time and HATED every second of it).

Hope this helps.

• Options
    Correction.... I do have a  small supply of frozen just in case of an emergency and my caregiver has two days worth in his freezer. But other than that, nope.
  • Options

My LO is at daycare for exactly 8hrs too, 8am-4pm.  I feed him at 7am and he drinks 12 oz. at daycare.  I send three 4oz bottles plus a fourth for backup but he never needs it.  I pump around 20oz in 3 sessions per day at work so I am just adding to my freezer stash.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"