Postpartum Depression

Back at work - struggling

So I just started back to work a week ago (my 2nd son is 3 months old) and have really been struggling. I find it hard to concentrate and have absolutely no motivation - I literally sit and stare at the computer. That said, as soon as I leave for the day I feel fine. I have no problems finding motivation at home because I love being with my family and taking care of my kids. Called my ob/gyn and she said I could have mild postpartum. In any case, I thought I would post on here to see if anyone is experiencing the same problem. I know most moms have difficulty returning to the work world, but I'm not sure that everyone experiences the symptoms I have had. Would love to find someone who can relate :) I went back to work after three months with my oldest son, but never felt it was this difficult - not sure why it is so hard this time around??

Re: Back at work - struggling

• I didn't have trouble going back to work initially (DS was 4 months) but it's gotten worse over time.  By the time Friday rolls around it kills me to drop DS off at daycare.  I feel like I sit at work all day and think about him and miss him so much that I can't concentrate on anything else.  I felt like since I had him I may have had PPD but thought it was something I could deal with on my own.  Then I had a panic attack on Tuesday at work and decided to talk to my doctor.  We talked about the possibility of it being PPD and she prescribed meds that I plan on trying to see if they help.  I'd definitely talk to your doctor and see what type of treatment they suggest.  Good luck and I'm here if you ever need to talk, vent, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a hard time going back to work.  It could be just getting back into a routine and as you get the rhythm back, it will get easier.  I think you need a month or two to get back into it.  But, if it is getting worse or affecting your work something else may be going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"