Alabama Babies
Options

MissLMS -- dust ruffle?

I saw you mention on the Aug 11 board that you made your own dust ruffle for DD. How did you do that? Did you use a pattern?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MissLMS -- dust ruffle?

• Options

I didn't have a pattern, but it was very easy. Basically I measured the space I wanted the crib skirt to cover, both front, back and sides of the crib. Because of the design of the crib, there needed to be a slit where each of the 4 legs of the crib are.

So, basically I sewed four rectangular pieces of fabric... 2 long ones for the front and back of the crib and 2 shorter ones for the side. Then attached them to some plain white fabric that is the exact size of the mattress. The white part lays on the bed frame, each rectangle piece hangs down on each side. I didn't do ruffles or anything, my cribskirt lays flat because I wanted it to be simple to show off the fabric.

When I lowered the crib as K got older, I just safety-pinned the cribskirt from the inside so that it was shorter.

Sorry, it's hard to describe. But, here is a picture. I also sewed the drapes to match. This is the same set we'll be using for baby#2, I'm just going to paint a new name banner and maybe "boy up" the room with some boyish accessories.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options

OOH that's cute. It looks a lot like a box pleat, which I prefer. That sounds like something I could do with a little bit of stitch witch!

I love that you're going to be able to reuse Kennedy's nursery stuff. It's so pretty!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Love love love Kennedy's room! 

We went with a crib set in a box this time, but if I were doing custom-made here's a blog tutorial I'd found on how to do adjustable skirts too.

https://blog.urbangrace.com/2009/the-nursery-diaries-chapter-5  

• Options

imageIove.wins:
    I saw you mention on the Aug 11 board that you made your own dust ruffle for DD. How did you do that? Did you use a pattern?

Speaking of the August board, did you see the bumpie who did her own customized breathable bumper? It was SO CUTE.

If I didn't already have a bumper, I would totally do that. I honestly have started thinking about using a breathable version instead of the one we have, just for peace of mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"