D.C. Area Babies

f/u to double stroller question posted below...double city mini or Phil and Ted

I'm starting to look into a double stroller as I'm expecting #2. I thought I was sold on the Phil and Ted b/c it seems more streamlined and easier to get in/out of tight places. I currently have a single city mini stroller, which I love, but wasn't sure I wanted to get the double mini route b/c it seems so wide. However, it seemed like folks were raving about their double mini. Anyone consider/have a Phil & Ted? I'm not thrilled about the cost of them, so I want to make sure I'm making an informed decision!

TIA!

Re: f/u to double stroller question posted below...double city mini or Phil and Ted

• I thought the Phil and Ted design was ingenius, until I realized my toddler would have to have the bottom seat.  I just don't see her enjoying it since she likes to look around.  That said, I've asked women at the park who have the Phil and Ted double is they like it, and all of them raved, so perhaps it's not an issue.
  • I have the Phil and Ted's Explorer and I absolutely love it!  There is a way to put the older child in the front (if the younger is a newborn) if you don't use the car seat adapter...but honestly my Toddler did not mind being in the back.  Now that my youngest is sitting up well I can put either of them in the back.

My oldest is almost 3 now and I normally let him walk, but he can easily hop in the back if he gets tired or isn't cooperating.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Dear rubride,

My girl friend threw a shower for me and organized all the invitees to chip in on a P&T Classic -- she knew I had been girlgasming over them since before my first daughter. I am thrilled to pieces over it. Our toddler loves the sling seat.

My only complaint is that it is a bit heavier than I would like (even without the doubles kit and the carseat adapter), but it's nothing I can't handle. It fits in our Mazda3 better than the Graco monstermistake. :)

Phil it up,

kewliegirl

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"