D.C. Area Babies

Pinkeye - what to do?

I think M has his first case of pinkeye, poor guy. What should I expect, other than lots of eye goop? Do kids get a fever with this? I think I call the doctor in the morning, get prescription drops, and keep him home from dayare for 24 hours. Is that right?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Pinkeye - what to do?

• Is the whole eye red and goopy or do you just have goo? If it is just goo he might just have a blocked tear duct. If pink eye - you need the drops and yes he needs to stay home because it is highly contagious. I don't remember it causing a fever.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • According to other nesties, you can cure it by putting breastmilk in his eye. Couldn't hurt to try it, anyway. But yes, I think you do have to keep him home for at least a day until it starts clearing up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • mix a few drops of tear-free baby shampoo w/ water and wipe his eyes (from inside near the nose towards the outside) to get the gook out

and wash your hands often!

• Definitely wash your hands and his often-- it's super contagious. I got it after my son did. It's mostly a nuisance, but he did not develop a fever. The pedi called in a perscription for an ointment that I had to put on his eyelid. I usually did it while he was sleeping-- you can put some on a Q-tip and swipe it on his eyelid from the outside as well and it will get absorbed. It takes a few days to go away. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No fever with pink eye, usually.

I thought J had pink eye a couple of months ago... it turned out to be a sinus infection.  She was so congested that the goop was coming out of the corners from her tear duct. 

• imagech ch ch chia:

No fever with pink eye, usually.

I thought J had pink eye a couple of months ago... it turned out to be a sinus infection.  She was so congested that the goop was coming out of the corners from her tear duct. 

DS had this too

• Thanks for the advice. DH is taking him to the pedi this morning, so we'll see what the diagnosis is.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"