Parenting after a Loss
Options

Question about LO's behavior while sick

DS has had a virus for about 5 days now, but he seems to be on the mend.  Now, this may seem like a silly question, but I want to put it out there anyway to hear your experiences.  Basically his behavior has been AWFUL since last Wednesday, which is when he first started with the symptoms.  Now, he is no angel, and I would definitely consider him a "spirited" personality.  At 14 months he has several small tantrums a day that last a few minutes and then maybe a huge melt-down every few weeks.  Well, this week he has been having these enormous melt-downs daily.   For example, yesterday he cried on and off for an hour and a half because I wouldn't let him play on the stairs.  I'm trying to do whatever I can to comfort him and lower my expectations, make sure that I keep the environment friendly so as not to put inappropriate demands on him, but I'm just worried that this will continue beyond the illness and that I have created a little monster with all the extra comfort and babying he has gotten this week.  Thanks in advance for your responses!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!

Re: Question about LO's behavior while sick

• Options
    I'm sure he will get past it and it's just a stage he's going through.  Hang in there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO does this too. especially when he is sick. His strong willed personality can be fun, but it leads to strong tantrums. Actually, it is good to hear someone else has a LO like this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"