June 2011 Moms

Pregnant 21st Birthday

Well, the dreaded day is upon me.  Tomorrow is my 21st birthday.  Not exactly how I'd always invisioned the circumstances of this day but I know how worth it the payoff will be.  I miss wine like the dickens but I can thank this little man for saving me from a nasty hangover lol.  I'm hoping to treat it like a normal day--which shouldn't be too difficult on a Wednesday since my husband will be working.  I am however calling off of work because I finally have the opportunity to meet my friend's new LO and then have lunch with another fellow pregnant friend.  What better way to remind me why this birthday is even more special than the rest.  Have any of you ladies been pregnant on a milestone birthday?  Any recommendations on how to celebrate?  A heaping portion of cake goes without saying :)

Re: Pregnant 21st Birthday

• I was pregnant with DD on my 21st birthday I went to a bar (in our county you can't smoke in bars) and ordered a drink for DH. I didn't get carded though so that was kind of disappointing but I did get the fun of ordering a drink. And DH's BFF ordered a rootbeer for me :) I still had a great time and my friends made sure I had a good time on my first night out after I had DD. Happy Early Birthday!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• I vote for cupcakes and a pedicure! :) Happy (almost) birthday!!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy early bday!! my birthday was back in March (turned 23) and I still had a blast with DH and my family, dinner, lunch, mini golf. It was nice to celebrate with little baby :)

enjoy!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was 7 weeks pregnant on my 30th birthday back in October. My all-day nausea had just hit me full-force. I canceled my birthday party b/c I just couldn't deal with hosting it, and I spent my birthday night with MH, nibbling on pizza and trying to keep it down. So, uhhh, don't do that! It sucked! :-)

It sounds like you have a nice day planned! You could always go out and buy some alcohol at the store and save it for after the baby comes, just so you can get your ID checked on your actual birthday. That was the most fun part of my 21st!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 30th bday is on May 30th and I'm due on June 7th so if LO decides to come a smidge early, I might be sharing it!  I think I'll be good and ready to pop at that point regardless so I'm not planning on 'living it up'.  I've already informed my mom that she needs to plan on making my favorite meal in the whole world (homemade wontons and ham fried rice) and that she needs to make lots of extra for me to freeze and eat later.  So other than chowing down on that (and cake....oh the cake!), I plan to be sitting somewhere with feet up and DH fanning me and refilling my lemonade.  

To be honest I think the nearness of delivery will be a nice distraction from the dreaded 3-0! 

June 2011 Mamas October Siggy Challenge - Then & Now Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Enjoy your birthday even if you can't drink, I agree that most of the fun is getting your ID checked plus the funny look with your pregnant belly from the cashier might just be a little extra great. My birthday is June 7th and I am due on the 27th so I don't think Ill be sharing my birthday but she will be full term by then so you never know! Either way most likely Ill be 9 months pregnant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I turned 21 this past December. I was kind of sad even though I knew it would happen when me and my hubby started trying in July and then got the BFP in Oct. I just tried really hard to treat it like all my other birthdays. One thing I did do to help make me at least feel a little like it was the day I'd been waiting for since starting high school was I went out and bought a case of beer for my DH. I hate beer so it didn't bother me to have it around and I got to use my ID to buy alcohol. lol. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just had my 25th birthday last wednesday and MH made me a fabulous dinner and bought me a cake. I had sparkling grape juice with dinner because I too am a wine fan and have been missing it. I may get grief about this but perhaps you could have a small glass of wine if you wanted. I had one for valentines day and it was great. Each person has their own feelings about drinking while pregnant. Either way I hope your birthday is wonderful Cake
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • not a milestone in any way but my 26th is next week.

One of my close friends was pregnant on her 21st and another on her wedding day though.

My 21st b-day wasn't even fun actually, 22 was the best for me ;) None since have lived up to it. Thooooose were the days for us!

• Yep. I had just found out I was pregnant on my 21st.

Treat yourself to a prenatal massage and drink a virgin daquiri :)

• Thank you everyone. I knew I could turn to you guys for some comforting words and nowI  don't dread tomorrow nearly as much! I might treat myself to some pampering and perhaps order a drink for my hubby. Too bad I live in such a small town because their idea of a virgin drink is just a Sprite. lol. Although I do love Shirley Temples :) And as soon as DS is on the outside and I figure out the breastfeeding tricks, I will order a ridiculously overpriced daquiri from a restaurant. Until then, no biggie. Thank you all again for sharing your similar experiences. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"