Pennsylvania Babies
Options

New on here

Hi everyone

Im Kristen and Im so glad I found you on here.  Im new to the Harrisburg area ( just moved last weekend)  Im a proud military spouse and I am expecting our first in November.  My first OB appt is this fri and Ill be 9 weeks this week.  Has anyone gone to Partners in Women's Health?  I heard they were good from a friend but being new to the area and this being our first baby Im a little nervous!  I just dont know what to expect our first OB appt.  They said they might be able to see/hear the heartbeat but other than that Im not sure.  Im glad I found people in this area so I can ask about places for price friendly baby and maternity clothes, drs, etc...

Re: New on here

• Options

Hi, welcome and congrats!

This board isn't SUPER active but we've been trying to bring some life back to it lately.  I have not known anyone to use Partners in Women's Health, sorry I'm not much help there!

Our first appointment was a lot of information.  The basic "dos" and "don'ts".  I had a full pelvic exam and pap smear.  My OB office has a little u/s machine and did an internal to see baby for the first time and hear the heartbeat.  My midwife said they don't have to do that it's just to make the patients happy.  

BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Options
    When do they do the bloodwork?  How much do they take?  I had bloodwork done in Dec before I found out I was pregnant.  They had ordered a complete blood count and glucose and all came back normal.  Should I take those results to the dr?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! Im new to the area too so I cant be too much help with the exact dr youre going to, but Ill share my experience in general. My first appt consisted of a urine test to confirm the pregnancy and a lot of pamphlets! It was not nearly as exciting as I thought it would be but I think thats a dr by dr thing. I heard the hb around 9 weeks so you might be able to as well, but again, I think thats a dr by dr thing as to whether they check that early or not. I had to go elsewhere for bloodwork but they did it the same day, after my initial dr appt. The take a lot. I think it was 6-8 vials. Im sure your dr might be interested in your previous bloodwork but it wont get you out of them taking new bloodwork ;( The new bloodwork is primarily used to determine your hormone levels and screen for a number of abnormalities /conditions so bloodwork taken before you were pregnant is not useful for their purposes. Enjoy the pregnancy--for better or worse Id say its the easiest part of having a child! Feel free to ask questions, everyone on this board seems pretty nice and helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKristenC0907:
    When do they do the bloodwork?  How much do they take?  I had bloodwork done in Dec before I found out I was pregnant.  They had ordered a complete blood count and glucose and all came back normal.  Should I take those results to the dr?

Oh I forgot, they took blood at the very end of my appointment.  They will probably want to take it again now that you are pregnant.   

BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Options
    Oh gosh...Im horrible with needles.  If they take like 6 vials Ill be a goner!  LOL.  I guess Ill be munching on lots of cookies and drinking juice.  Ill just bring them with me and eat breakfast before hand
  • Options
    Hello!  Welcome and congrats!  I started this pregnancy at Partners in Womens Health and hated it.  I was rushed in and out of appointments, bloodwork wasnt send out and needed to be done again, etc. I have other friends who still go to PIWH and like it, so its personal preference I guess.  I now go to Woodward and Associates.  They are awesome!  I would recommend them!  Good luck!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"