Oregon Babies

Toddler-friendly campgrounds

We're looking for state or federal campgrounds within about 2-3 hours from Portland that are well-suited to the toddler set (ie: not adjacent to a stream; not popular with a partying crowd; short, easy hikes; and maybe a playground and forest service activities). We're planning Silver Creek Falls, but I'd love recs for others. I've probably stayed at all of them over the years, but they are blurred together in my memory. For example, I remembery one at the beach that would be perfect, but I can't remember the name!

Thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Toddler-friendly campgrounds

• Last year we stayed at the beach at Cape Lookout campground. It was great. We could walk to the beach. It was quiet and there were some nice hikes not too far away by car. No playground though. 

This year for 4th of July we're going to Beverly Beach which is really cool but also really popular. 

• Is it possibly Fort Stevens? They have a playground, lots of kids are always there in the summer months, the beach is a longer walk/drive/bike ride away. It's fun. Silver Falls is where I was going to say originally. I love that place! I can't at the moment think of the names of other places we've been where the water isn't right there. Detroit Lake is amazing but it's on the lake so...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey Peachy, ask your cousin.  She sent our husbands away camping many weekends last summer and knows all the great campsites with playgrounds and other toddler friendly features. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageenail5:
    Hey Peachy, ask your cousin.  She sent our husbands away camping many weekends last summer and knows all the great campsites with playgrounds and other toddler friendly features. 

I was going to ask her! Thanks for the reminder.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"