New to The Bump
Options

Been here all of two weeks, and I'm leaving

Seriously, thebump is the most judgmental and rude community I've ever joined. Sometimes, I want to talk about the things that don't matter, because all I ever talk about are the serious things that are bogging down life and stressing us out. But unless we're talking TV or movies or adorable things, I can't post anything on here without being judged, harshly, as someone who just doesn't understand what life is about. My life has had enough horrible stuff in it, sometimes I'd rather deal in fluff for a minute.

Married 04/06/06 IUD In 02/10/08 IUD Out 04/08/11 TTC #1 05/08/11 The Alot

Re: Been here all of two weeks, and I'm leaving

• Options
    Hi Turbo.  I know how you feel.  Please feel free to contact me if you would like someone to chat with.  I have already sent a message to your inbox!
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sorry you had a bad experience. It's not for everyone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the advice. I actually did lurk, and thought I was okay. I deleted one thread I'd started and maybe I was just being all emotional when I read some of the other replies. Stupid Mirena crash. It still seems, however emotional I may be, that you have to weed through a bunch of militant, abusive, or rude crap to get to some honest, well-meaning, and positive answers on most of these threads. I've been afraid to post my two cents on several threads of interest, because they were already so heated!

BOTB is definitely the snarkier board, though. Now that I realize that (thank you!) it's much easier to read through how things are said and just pay attention to what's being said. Maybe it's not GBCB just yet...  

Married 04/06/06 IUD In 02/10/08 IUD Out 04/08/11 TTC #1 05/08/11 The Alot
  • Options
    Sorry you feel that way.  But don't let that stop you from finding a place where you feel more comfortable even if it's another board on The Bump.  I've had some snarky comments but I come with alligator skin so it doesn't bother me.  Especially when the younger moms call me a "newb" because I'm new to the site. 
  • Options
    imageAmbsies:

Sorry that haven't felt the connection you were hoping for.  Did you lurk for a while before posting on a board?  I see that you've been posting on BOTB- those ladies are known for being pretty tight and snarky.  I actually looked though some of your posts and didn't see any where people were rude to you.  

If you want to GBCB then of course you're welcome to, but I'd lurk for a while and find a board where you think you'd mesh well and after lurking for a good long while- introduce yourself and give it another try.  I've been on this site for two years and I have to admit that I've seen some bullies and lots of snark but it's up to you to get involved or just avoid the drama.

BTW- I love that you have The Alot linked in your sig!  That's one of my favs from Hyperbole and a Half!

Hahaha! I just read that and it is definitely one of my new favs. I like it alot! Wink

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"