Alabama Babies
Options

Mcwane Center or Gymboree (long)

Hi, I normally just lurk here but I have a question I hope someone can help with. My DS b'day isn't until August but I like to plan ahead and I'm trying to find a place for his 2nd b'day. I'm thinking about either Gymboree or Mcwane center. I've never been to a party at either place so if anyone has and has suggestions please let me know. My concern with Mcwance center is will everyone be together or do you just roam around? And will it really even be fun for a 2year old? The only reason I don't just go with Gymboree is bc it costs more and I don't know if it's really worth the money. We did an outdoor party last year and it was just way too hot and our house isn't good for an indoor party. We've thought about doing it at our church and having an inflatable ball pit, but I feel like the kids would get bored with just that and moonbounces scare me at this age. DH votes for going somewhere else bc we don't have to worry about setting up or cleaning up. But if someone has a suggestion for another place I'm open to that too. Sorry it's so long! Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mcwane Center or Gymboree (long)

• Options

I just asked one of my close friends who used to teach at the Gymboree classes {she's worked parties & also attended them for her 2yo}. She certainly didn't have anything negative to say about Gymboree, but her response was, "Just went to a party at McWane on Saturday...it was AWESOME" {her son is 28 mos}

We're McWane members & we love it there in general- but I haven't personally attended a party at either place. Also, I don't know if it'd be convenient for you, but there's a Sports Blast on Hwy 280 {closer to Chelsea} or even a Jump Zone Party place in Pelham. I'm pretty sure Trussville also has a jump place too if you're on that side of town. 

And it's totally my opinion & comfort-level with DS, but I think by 2 yrs old, kids will be fine with a moonbounce- you could probably do the kinds without the balls...I've nicknamed those the "MRSA Pit"s & won't let DS near them if I can help it!

• Options

I think Mcwane center would be a lot of fun.  My nephew had his party there and it was really cool.  They have a party room for food/cake/ice cream and also they bring in animals that you can touch.  I think they brought a turtle in, and maybe some kind of lizard or bird.  You get access to the whole center (excluding the Imax) all day long and the kids really had a blast. 

I've seen kids of all ages there and if I remember correctly they have something for every age. 

Good luck. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MJ317MJ317 member
    Thanks for the input! I think we'll probably end up going with McWane center, we're members so we get a discount. I am closer to Sports Blast, and didn't know they did parties but good to know for the future! I had looked at the one in Trussville awhile back but I think (can't really remember, and can't remember the name to look it up) it was a lot more expensive. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"