TTC After a Loss
Options

GTKY- What is the FUNNIEST movie you've ever seen?

I jacked this post from another board! We need to liven up our Monday!

Off the top of my head...I'm going to say either "The Hangover" or "Death at a Funeral" (the British version).

Natural MCs 2/4/09, 8/22/09 & 4/7/10
Dx with Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS)
BFP #4 5/14/12
5/17/12...1st Betas- 176, P4 3.6
5/22/12...2nd Betas- 207, P4 6.1 (MC confirmed)

Re: GTKY- What is the FUNNIEST movie you've ever seen?

• Options
    I would also have The Hangover up there... or Anchorman, however my favorite movie is Mean Girls, hysterical. love it.

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think the Hangover was crude and hilarious, but StepBrothers was kind of underrated in my opinion.

i laughed so much. I lost my breath from laughing so hard.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First one that came to mind was I Love You, Man.  The awkwardness is hysterical!  I thought The Hangover was super funny, but my FIL came and sat next to me at the end (think elevator pictures), and that pretty much ruined it for me!  He is super conservative and old-fashioned, and it was just mortifying to be watching that with him right there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageambs21:
    First one that came to mind was I Love You, Man.  The awkwardness is hysterical!  I thought The Hangover was super funny, but my FIL came and sat next to me at the end (think elevator pictures), and that pretty much ruined it for me!  He is super conservative and old-fashioned, and it was just mortifying to be watching that with him right there!

Eeek, talk about uncomfortable!  My mom and I went to see Something About Mary together.  She got so offended at the "hair" scene that she made us get up and leave. 

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
    Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
    Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

• Options
    MrsL2MrsL2 member

so far I love all of the movies that everyone has listed.. Anchorman is a movie I can watch over and over and still laugh.. I also love Death at a funeral (British)

I love the movie rat race and corky romano those are both movies that always crack me up no matter what! 

The office and Arrested Development are shows that I can watch over and over and still laugh over!

TTC #1- December 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary image
  • Options
    Hangover is one of my favorites recently.  Planes, Trains and Automobiles used to be my fav when I was younger. 

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
    Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
    Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

• Options
    imageraecheleblue1:

imageambs21:

Eeek, talk about uncomfortable!  My mom and I went to see Something About Mary together.  She got so offended at the "hair" scene that she made us get up and leave. 

Oh my gosh! I would have died. I can relate a little, My dad was watching the 40 year Old Virgin on tv at home w/ me, sister + Dhs and the bath scene where Elizabeth Banks was screaming and masterbating. I was dying!!! No one said a word or laughed.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The Hangover and Office Space!!
    BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
  • Options
    Coming to America!!
  • Options

OFFICE SPACE!!  It still kills me.  

I thought the Hangover was funny, but I wasn't dying laughing at anything - not the way Dumb and Dumber and Tommy Boy used to do it for me.  I STILL crack up when I hear quotes from those.  

RICHARD!!  WHAT'S HAPPENING??!! 

dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • Options

Good Question!

Probably Dumb and Dumber or Role Models 

• Options
    Oh! Let me add "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." I laughed until my side hurt. My favorite scene was when Sarah Marshall and Aldous Snow are having sex in the weirdest, most uncomfortable positions any human could attempt!
    BFP #4 5/14/12
  • Options

Despicable Me cracks me up everytime.  I also love Anchor Man, The Full Monty and Tropic Thunder.  Of course there are the classics; Monty Python's Holy Grail, Airplane and Young Frankenstien.

• Options

imagerosenb2b:
    Coming to America!!

I'm with you. this one is always good to watch and quote.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP#1 3-28-11 c/p 4wks 5days My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Hangover - hands down.  I'm also a big fan of Mel Brooks movies (yes, I know I'm old) - I love History of the World Part 2 and Spaceballs.  Dodgeball was funny too ("No one makes me bleed my own blood.") and if we're going with something seasonal I love Christmas Vacation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    image1220winterbride:
    imageraecheleblue1:

imageambs21:

Oh my gosh! I would have died. I can relate a little, My dad was watching the 40 year Old Virgin on tv at home w/ me, sister + Dhs and the bath scene where Elizabeth Banks was screaming and masterbating. I was dying!!! No one said a word or laughed.

A mighty wind and Best in show! lol. I can totally relate on the uncomfortable movie moments to. My dad and i used to go to the movies together every weekned and we loooved true crime drama type movies. in 1999 when I was 16 we went to see the summer of sam. Yeah I wound up telling my dad it was time to go at one point! lol

• Options
    MrsL2MrsL2 member

imageTapatio:
    Oh! Let me add "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." I laughed until my side hurt. My favorite scene was when Sarah Marshall and Aldous Snow are having sex in the weirdest, most uncomfortable positions any human could attempt!

also get him to the greek is pretty hilarious! 

TTC #1- December 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary image
  • Options

Good idea for a post, we def need some pick me up around here!

My go to funny movie is The Birdcage, backup would be Monty Python & the holy grail.  Then Dude Where's My Car, 40 yr old virgin, I love you man, and that movie w/ Will Ferrel w/ the ice skating.... loved that movie!

• Options
    I absolutely love the 40 Year Old Virgin. Steve Carrel is hillarious!
    5/16/2005: M/C at 7 wks
    5/3/2010: MM/C at 7 wks 6 days
    5/25/2014: CP at 4 wks 3 days

Because of the great "Snow"vember of 2015, my medicated cycle was cancelled.  However, we were blessed with our little rainbow baby due on 8/14/15!  Baby J had other plans and decided to make his grand ole entrance on 7/4/2015!

Surprise!  Our little girl entered this world on 12/8/2016 after her eviction notice was long past due.  Our little turkey baby turned into a snow baby!  

Third times the charm!  BFP on 4/18/2019, EDD: 12/18/2019
    PgAL/PAL welcome
    PAIF/SAIF welcome too!

• Options

How could I have forgot Best in Show!

• Options
    Definately the Hangover
  • Options
    Grandma's Boy.  It's one of my favorites.
  • Options
    imageTapatio:

Off the top of my head...I'm going to say either "The Hangover" or "Death at a Funeral" (the British version).

OMG, I have found my new BFF!!! LOL I also love due date, and the Twilight series and Harry Potter Embarrassed
    (USE TO BE, WISH2BEMOMMY). 1st BFP ever Aug. 16, 2010.... 1st OB appt. Sept. 8, 2010, u/s showed poss. blighted ovum.... b/w 9/8/10 22,698 b/w 9/10/10 14,521.... mmc confirmed, started naturally m/c 9/15/10, d & c 9/16/10 I love you my precious monkey!! 2nd BFP March 2011.... c/p, miss you lil one!! 3rd BFP Nov. 20, 2011, subcornial hemorrhage detected 11/24/11 heartbeat found.... LO's heartbeat lost 11/25/11.... d & c 11/26/11..... I love and miss you so much baby!!!! C/P 4/26/12.... gone before I knew you.... off BCP 10-1-13.. BFP 11-20-13.. SCH for 7 weeks.. 3-4-14: It's a Girl!.. 4-22-12 emergency cerclage placed..7-7-14 cerclage removed at 36w.. delivered Lillian Marie 7-28-14..
     "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"

Our TTCAL Blog--Newbies and Lurkers Please Read!

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • Options

Probably The Hangover.  I laughed the entire way through it.

• Options
    imagewish2bemommy:
    imageTapatio:

OMG, I have found my new BFF!!! LOL I also love due date, and the Twilight series and Harry Potter Embarrassed

I love Harry Potter (and the Twilight series). Are you going to see the one coming out in July? We make a big event out of it and see it at midnight. I'm also getting the HP DVD that comes out this Friday. I know...I'm a dork! Embarrassed

BFP #4 5/14/12
  • Options
    imagehopefulmom81:

Good Question!

Probably Dumb and Dumber or Role Models 

WHISPERING EYE!!!!

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Options
    imageTapatio:
    imagewish2bemommy:
    imageTapatio:

I love Harry Potter (and the Twilight series). Are you going to see the one coming out in July? We make a big event out of it and see it at midnight. I'm also getting the HP DVD that comes out this Friday. I know...I'm a dork! Embarrassed

I will be there at the Midnight screening as well!! Embarrassed As far as the twilight series, did you read the books too? They are sooooo much better than the movies! Breaking dawn part one movie comes out in November and I am so looking forward to that too! lol
    (USE TO BE, WISH2BEMOMMY). 1st BFP ever Aug. 16, 2010.... 1st OB appt. Sept. 8, 2010, u/s showed poss. blighted ovum.... b/w 9/8/10 22,698 b/w 9/10/10 14,521.... mmc confirmed, started naturally m/c 9/15/10, d & c 9/16/10 I love you my precious monkey!! 2nd BFP March 2011.... c/p, miss you lil one!! 3rd BFP Nov. 20, 2011, subcornial hemorrhage detected 11/24/11 heartbeat found.... LO's heartbeat lost 11/25/11.... d & c 11/26/11..... I love and miss you so much baby!!!! C/P 4/26/12.... gone before I knew you.... off BCP 10-1-13.. BFP 11-20-13.. SCH for 7 weeks.. 3-4-14: It's a Girl!.. 4-22-12 emergency cerclage placed..7-7-14 cerclage removed at 36w.. delivered Lillian Marie 7-28-14..
     "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • Options

imagemizdiz444:
    Grandma's Boy.  It's one of my favorites.

HAHAHAH!!  I wish we were in person b/c I love imitating the geeky guy that talks in a robot voice.  It just doesn't translate well online. 

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran

• Options
    Wedding Crashers, Animal House and the ever-awesome Shaun of the Dead.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Options

Pretty much every movie everyone already mentioned...  I honestly can't think of anything new or different. 

Justin + Laura 10.18.08

• Options
    imageroadstar:

Despicable Me cracks me up everytime.  I also love Anchor Man, The Full Monty and Tropic Thunder.  Of course there are the classics; Monty Python's Holy Grail, Airplane and Young Frankenstien.

AHHHHHHH Monty Python! I love Monty Python's the Meaning of Life!!

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • Options

Oh, I thought of one!!  Though, it may not be too popular on this board, and I haven't watched it since my m/c, so it might not be a favorite any more...  Knocked Up.

PS, Paul Rudd is from where I live!!  So is Jason Sudeikis. 

Justin + Laura 10.18.08

• Options

The Hangover

Office Space

The Money Pit

• Options
    I loved Kung Foo Panda.  Loved it.  Good laughs.  TY for the post Tapaton!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since 3-2008: v/c repair 2009; BFP: 7-2010, m/c 8-2010, c/p 4-2011, BFP: 6-2011 EDD: 2-12-2012?
    "Lovebugs2012"
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Today I am pregnant & I love my baby!
  • Options

Beerfest, Super Troopers, Grandma's Boy, Balls of Fury and Baby Mama...just to name a few.

I have the sense of humor of a sixteen year old boy.

• Options
    imagelauralew:

Oh, I thought of one!!  Though, it may not be too popular on this board, and I haven't watched it since my m/c, so it might not be a favorite any more...  Knocked Up.

PS, Paul Rudd is from where I live!!  So is Jason Sudeikis. 

Knocked Up gets a Yes from me :)

BFP #4 5/14/12
  • Options
    imagewish2bemommy:
    imageTapatio:
    imagewish2bemommy:
    imageTapatio:

I will be there at the Midnight screening as well!! Embarrassed As far as the twilight series, did you read the books too? They are sooooo much better than the movies! Breaking dawn part one movie comes out in November and I am so looking forward to that too! lol

I read all 4 books. They were way better than any of the movies. I just got Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse on DVD last week. There was a Blockbuster closing and I got them for $5 each. Not bad! I won't be doing the midnight viewing for Breaking Dawn though. I plan on taking my SD since I got her hooked on the whole vampire series.

BFP #4 5/14/12
  • Options
    OatoaOatoa member
    imagelauralew:

Pretty much every movie everyone already mentioned...  I honestly can't think of anything new or different. 

This but I will repeat Coming to America, Mighty Python and the Holy Grail and Space Balls because they are my favorites.  I also founf Super Bad much more funny than I expected too.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14

• Options

Stepbrothers is hilarious!  I also love Wedding Crashers, Old School, Super Bad, and (although it's TV and not a movie) Arrested Development.

ETA: Can't forget Eurotrip!   

BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
    BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
    BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

• Options

I also loved the Hang Over

but I also liked Grown Ups, What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas and all of the "fockers" series. I also like 4 Christmases

Lilypie - (81iI)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"