TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

XP from TTCAL - Has anyone tried NaPro Technology?

Sorry ladies that I'm butting in over here. I'm just looking for some info.

Just curious if anyone has any experience with NaPro Technology? My husband was recommended this site and we've check a little more into it but am curious of what others have to say about it especially if you've had personal experience.

Thanks!

Oh here is a link if you haven't and are wondering what I'm talking about.

https://www.naprotechnology.com/

~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
12.6.07 CP at 5w
5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
Life During and After RPL
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP from TTCAL - Has anyone tried NaPro Technology?

• Options

"Technology"??

The website looks like a really fancy, verbose endorsement of charting and perhaps progesterone supplementation. I'm not really sure what there is there to try?? Most of us have tried both charting and progesterone supplements.

I wouldn't put much weight on the scientific aspect of ANYTHING coming from a "Pope Paul VI Institute" of whatever. Their sister site, about the Creighton model (which seems to be a fancy name for "charting") says (weird font change from C&P, not my emphasis): "Women's menstrual and fertility cycles have been shrouded in mystery since the beginning of time. "

Say whaaaaa???? Patently untrue. 

Charting is great. Progesterone is great. Neither is some new, earth-shattering discovery. If there is something more to this than that, let me know, but the website itself seems to not really talk about anything else. It does, however, remind me of that really funny "buzzword bingo" commercial, insofar as it uses lots of big, flowery words but you read an entire paragraph and are still like, "Huh? But what are they SAYING??"

• Options
    Thank you for your input. I was simply looking for someone that has had first hand experience with it. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
    ~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    well, they focus most of all on mucus observations (skip temperature charting completely); based on mucus observations they diagnosed me with endometriosis and sent for laparoscopy; their requirements for correct progesterone levels are higher than non-NaPro; they also say that based on careful mucus charting according to their instructions they can predict in lots of cases that a women if not treated will have a miscarriage... that's all I know - just a little experience with them, and I'm Catholic so I don't have any problems with popes :-)
    D & C 3.19.2011 (EDD 10.08.11) WTTC #1
  • Options

imageTysiaTysia:
    I'm Catholic so I don't have any problems with popes :-)

Ahhh, but Pope's have a problem with reproductive science.  Wink

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"