Health & Exercise
Options

is the stroller/car seat durable enough for lots of walking?

I was going to go with a stroller/car seat in one, but is that durable enough for lots of walking. I plan to walk at least an hour a day maybe do some hiking on flat ground. I looked into the joggers, but I dont really run.  

What are your thoughts?  Thanks, very much appreciated 

Re: is the stroller/car seat durable enough for lots of walking?

• Options
    It will probably be fine as long as you're on a very smooth surface, but it won't be as nice as a jogger.  Maybe look into a stroller that at least has better tires than the typical plastic ones on a Graco travel system stroller for example.  A stroller with just one front wheel would probably be nicer.  Maybe look into the Baby Jogger line as they seem to be good all purpose types of strollers.
    The Running Mom
    After 2 losses, we've been blessed with our perfect little man!
  • Options
    I found my travel system stroller to be really rough, but it wasn't a particularly nice one.  I would definitely look for one with air inflatable rubber wheels rather than plastic ones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We got the Uppa Baby Vista with the car seat attachment and I use that for walk in the park.  The park is a paved 1.4 mile loop that I walk up to three times (depending on LO's temperment on that day).  It's working great.  I see lots of people out there with the 2011 BOB with the car seat attachment and wish I would have gone for that. 

The park is paved, but my uppa baby has made it through tougher stuff--though I don't know if I'd want to take it too long on a gravel path. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank You everyone. After reading a bunch of reviews I think I should consider the BOB. It needs to fit ones personal needs. Im beginning to think the Greco may not be durable enough?  

• Options
    I am pretty active myself. Now, I can't run anymore due to having surgery on both of my knees, but I can walk. I am going to get the Bob Revolution and a Chicco Key 30 car seat. It has inflatable tires like a bike which will work around my neighborhood since the roads aren't that smooth and no sidewalks. Plus I live by the beach and I can take it there walking on the sand if I want.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"