Toronto Babies

Ultrasounds and lack of information

Anyone else finding frustration at the ultrasounds?  I went for my 'dating' ultrasound at 7w5d and the technician was 'not allowed' to tell me anything...I couldn't even see the pictures?!  I had to wait until my doctor's appointment when she confirmed the date and everything was looking fine...but it's not what I imagined it would be like.

I have my NT Scan coming up in a couple weeks, and I'm wondering what they are going to be able to tell me/show me?  I was hoping to have some kind of reassurance that things are progressing just fine and wanted to maybe even have a picture to show our parents when we tell them at Easter.  Anyone have their NT scan, and if so, what kind of information did you get out of it?

Re: Ultrasounds and lack of information

• at my 8 wk u/s they gave me pictures but u/s tech's can't give any info - - that's totally normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm surprised they didn't show you the baby - that is very odd. It doesn't look like much more than a blob but it would have been nice to seen your adorable little blob. Hopefully the next tech you see will be a little more forthcoming. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The technicians are not allowed to give you any information. It's the same with an x-ray or CT scan or anything like that. However, it is weird that they didn't show you the baby or let you have a picture. The place I went to actually gave us a disc with our pictures. Since it was a dating u/s you have a couple more u/s to go, and maybe go to a different location for those.

As for the NST. There really isn't much to tell you. It measures heart rate and contractions. You can see for yourself on the machine what the heart rate is. Well, at the hospital I had mine at.

ETA: I misread your OP. I read it as NST, when it was NT Scan. An NT scan, they will probably give you hardly any information. Especially since they are not supposed to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"