Cloth Diapering
Options

Need a new plan for overnights

I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on what you use for overnight diapers/routine.  My stash is pretty much all rumparooz and during the day they work great for my LO.  During the day I use the newborn insert and it works great- change probably every 2 hours or so.  

Now she is sleeping through the night (yay!) but she almost always wakes up with a wet back in the morning.  (and also a wet swaddle wrap, etc..)  

I stuff the Rumparooz with both the newborn insert and the other regular insert for night time.  She doesn't seem unhappy with being wet- she doesn't cry in the mornings or anything but it seems like it would be really uncomfortable to me!  (not to mention I'm getting kinda tired of washing the swaddle wrap thing every day!)  

Would love to hear what you ladies use on your little ones overnight!  Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need a new plan for overnights

• Options
    Try double stuffing or adding a hemp doubler in with what you already have in there.
  • Options

For DD2, I use a BG pocket stuffed with both inserts.  DD1 sleeps in a Sbish fitted with wool footies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelrachelle80:
    The favorite overnight suggestion on the board is fitteds + wool, but I'm not sure how well wool would work with swaddling. But for a bunch of other suggestions you could click on the "reviews" in the blog in my siggy and then on the "overnight options" tab at the bottom.

I asked about this when I bought my first pair of shorties for DS, because we were still swaddling at the time.  I got a couple of responses that swaddling and wool was OK.  I'm pretty sure I tried it a couple of times with no major problems, but I was fairly sleep deprived at the time and I don't want to go promising anything that I can't clearly recall (we stopped swaddling right around the same time we started using wool consistently at night).  Regardless, wool isn't supposed to have as much of an issue with compression leaks as fleece, so you should really be OK.

Also, is it at all possible that you need to increase the rise on the RARs?  I know they're a smaller OS diaper and are more likely to be outgrown quickly, so there's a chance that you might need to increase the rise to put the absorbency where it needs to be.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebethandjoe09:

imagelrachelle80:
    The favorite overnight suggestion on the board is fitteds + wool, but I'm not sure how well wool would work with swaddling. But for a bunch of other suggestions you could click on the "reviews" in the blog in my siggy and then on the "overnight options" tab at the bottom.

I asked about this when I bought my first pair of shorties for DS, because we were still swaddling at the time.  I got a couple of responses that swaddling and wool was OK.  I'm pretty sure I tried it a couple of times with no major problems, but I was fairly sleep deprived at the time and I don't want to go promising anything that I can't clearly recall (we stopped swaddling right around the same time we started using wool consistently at night).  Regardless, wool isn't supposed to have as much of an issue with compression leaks as fleece, so you should really be OK.

Also, is it at all possible that you need to increase the rise on the RARs?  I know they're a smaller OS diaper and are more likely to be outgrown quickly, so there's a chance that you might need to increase the rise to put the absorbency where it needs to be.

Thanks all for the suggestions!  I really appreciate it!  Will try the increase in rise tonight for bedtime.  The rise fits fine during the day (with low volume of pee) however at night, maybe that's all I need to do!  We'll see, I'll update this tomorrow and see how it goes.  Thanks!

• Options

The higher rise totally worked!  Thanks for the suggestion- I love these boards.  Something as simple as that you would have thought I would have tried already...  I will look into different doublers as PP mentioned if/when this stops working.  Thanks ladies! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"