Parenting after a Loss
Options

WWYD? My friend and E's bday party..

I'm not sure what to do about this. One of my very best friends just sold her house (moving around May 14) and is opening a bagel store. When I sent out the invites to Ella's party the store was slated to open at the end of April so she told me they were maybes but would let me know when it got closer and if the store wasn't open they'd be there. 

Ella's party is May 1.

Today I get this via BBM

Hey- Just want to let you know that even though the store won't be open on May 1st we are not going to be able to make ella's bday. We want to have one last hoorah in (town they live in) with everyone so we are doing it on the 30th of April. Obviously you guyd are invited but I'm thinking you won't be able to make it.

I don't respond - 30 min later she writes Sorry. It was the only weekend-hope you aren't mad.

I am mad bc the way I read this is - we will be too hungover to attend your child's first birthday party. So my question is do I just continue to ignore it/her and I'm sure she'll get the hint that I'm mad or do I say that yes, indeed, I am mad. I don't want to start a fight or cause drama but I'm annoyed by it. Truth to told I'm more hurt then mad. WWYD?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD? My friend and E's bday party..

• Options
    if it were my best friend, i would totally say something...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I'd text "I'm more hurt than mad"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLemonLime10:

this

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMelissaAB5579:

imageLemonLime10: