Military Families
Options

pay stop + deployment

I'm just wondering when/if this pay hault happens, does that mean our husband's that are deployed right now are stuck over there until this is resolved?  My husband is due home soon, and this is already stressful enough to think about how I may have to live on our small savings for months pregnant--and even more stressful thinking about having to do it with him stuck over there!

I read through the main post about not getting paid, and I just want to say that I think this entire situation is going to be rough, but I really can't see how the government will continue to not pay the men and women who protect this entire country's freedom!? (hope I am not just being naive thinking this) I think with the re-election and election campaigns getting on a roll, there is no way this can last long. I'm just going to try and keep things as positive as possible--though I am FURIOUS :) lol

Thanks for any answers!

Re: pay stop + deployment

• Options

Hey I think it is disgusting that the govt is even thinking about not paying the soldiers that are deployed! I am a military spouse also and work on a military post in Germany and all week parents are coming in asking what we are going to do when they can not pay there childcare bills but are still expected to go to work. Most families here live paycheck to paycheck and a lot of families live off post and have to pay rent in Euro's which is crazy. Stay positive!!!(but I am also furious!!!)

GL I hope everything works out well for you!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Operations are supposed to continue as normal.

I haven't heard any specifics regarding homecomings, but deployments are going to continue on schedule, so I'll assume the same for homecomings.

Take this as it comes and try not to stress too much over it. The relief societies are offering interest free loans if it does happen, so take advantage of it if you have to. Your H will get back pay, so when you pay it back, you won't be in the hole. It's a great deal.

Good luck! 

5/100
    "So if you decide to date the guy from Applebees instead will your new SN be "mypearlshisapron?" Your new sig can be "putting the ho in nachos.""- DNBeach12
    PersonalMilestone
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info y'all!! I'm trying not to stress toooo much, but sure is hard not to! lol
  • Options

My husband is deployed and I have a 6 month old baby that I am TRYING to be a SAHM for. I get what you're saying. I am disgusted and furious that they would even consider stopping pay for military, especially those who are deployed.

Hopefully if this does happen, which is more then likely, it won't last long. I am really appalled. Period. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I heard somewhere if you have USAA they will give you your full paycheck during the shut down. Then instead of us having to payback our bills to the companies, USAA will just get paid back. It's pretty much the same thing when we get paid a day early. The money doesn't actually hit until the 1st or 15th. It will just take a little longer for it to actually hit the account.
  • Options
    imageSarahWaggy:

My husband is deployed and I have a 6 month old baby that I am TRYING to be a SAHM for. I get what you're saying. I am disgusted and furious that they would even consider stopping pay for military, especially those who are deployed.

Hopefully if this does happen, which is more then likely, it won't last long. I am really appalled. Period. 

I'm in the exact same boat as you!  And we were oh so close to naming our daughter Remyngton.  :)

I couldn't/didn't want to believe it when my husband told me today that his paycheck posted and was less than half.  Its just not fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"