Parenting after a Loss
Options

Couch Gate

DS likes to take naps on the couch and can sleep for long periods of time there.  However, I don't feel comfortable letting him sleep there unattended.  I want to buy some sort of couch gate so I can get things done when he sleeps.  Does anyone know where I can buy one or a different name for it?  I can't seem to find one and I know they exist!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Couch Gate

• Options
    I didn't know they made couch gates.  That would have been nice to know.  DD was the same about sleeping on the couch and I would let her until I knew she was moving a lot more.  At the age your LO is at I would put a rolled up towel or a smaller pillow along the edge of the couch and had no problems.  When she would sleep on the couch at my parents house, we would roll the foot stool next to the couch, it's soft. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I do not think they make those. I don't usually like to get preachy or opinionated but I would not let the baby sleep on the couch it is NOT safe.
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAddicted2Thenot:
    I do not think they make those. I don't usually like to get preachy or opinionated but I would not let the baby sleep on the couch it is NOT safe.

I'm going to have to agree

• Options

Honestly, I let DD sleep on the couch when she was that little too, but I never walked out of the room and usually sat next to her.

I also had one of these.

I found that once she was asleep in this on the couch I could pick her up and move her anywhere -- which I usually did and put her on the floor. That way if by some miracle she was able to roll over she would have no chance at all of rolling off the couch. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"