2nd Trimester
Options

Elective c-section anyone?

2»

Re: Elective c-section anyone?

• Options
    imagelisajay09:

image12bailey18:
    I'm not sure why anyone would choose major abdominal surgery. Pushing a baby out seems waaaaay more easier....LOL. Not to mention healing is much easier so I can actually enjoy my newborn in those first moments and days. Nothing sounds appealing about a C-section unless it's medically necessary for me or the baby. Call me crazy!

I'm not sure why you think this.  It's just not the case.  I enjoyed my baby just fine after the c section.  I had no limitations to enjoying my baby. 

All I can say is that when I was on the Babies 0-3 months with all the new mommies, there were quite a few ladies having long term healing issues with their vaginas.  I may have been cut wide open and taken a couple of weeks to heal, but I could sit, poop, and pee just fine and my vagina has not changed one bit.  There is also much less bleeding after.  Of course, it's major surgery and there are serious risks...it should only be done if medically necesary...but there are a few pros to it, as well.  Also, sex after was completely painless...not often the case with vag deliveries.  Try not to have such a negative opinion of it, you never know if you may need one and you want to be as positive as you can going into it.

I agree. I had no limitations either. I held my baby right away and nursed him within 45 mins of being born. My healing was super easy, maybe I was lucky but I had no pain, and was even out to the stores by the time he was 5 days old. I had a friend who delivered vaginaly and all she said was how much pain she was in. It hurt her to sit, pee, poop and even walk. After hearing her side of it and also reading about the women on 0-3 months I was glad I had my c/s. I will be having one again this time around as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Based on family history and my size I would have happily agreed to an elective c-section with my first had my OB allowed it.  In the end my body *gasp* WASN'T made to delivery a baby vaginally so I ended up with one anyway.  I had an amazing delivery experience, holding my daughter within minutes of her being delivered, nursing within 30 minutes, and her never leaving my side until the middle of the night when they went to take her for her hearing test.  My recovery was extremely easy and I was up walking the minute they would let me (and begging to do so even before they would allow it) and was back to normal within a week at most.  I am electing to repeat a c-section this time around as well.  If you are willing to pay for it if insurance doesn't cover it then its your choice how you deliver your child. Unfortunately, there are women who have horrible recoveries from c-section, but there are also women who have horrible recoveries from vaginal births.  I will stand firm, however, that babies should not be born before 39 weeks unless there is a significant medical reason no matter what delivery method you choose.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagechiromommyMichelle:
    I highlighted the previous responder's first sentence,  because it is actually very profound.  There are a large number of women who are voluntarily infertile after c sections because they just can't go through the surgery and recovery again.  Not a physical infertility, but a conscious decision to not have any more children because of the previous experience. 

I quoted your post because it is all kinds of stupid.

First, the person who said she would not have anymore children If she experienced what another poster had experienced was not being profound.

Secondly, your 'voluntary infertile' comment was beyond insulting (and stupid) to those of us women who have actually been through infertility. Deciding not to have anymore children is simply a choice to not have more children. Period.

Voluntary infertile....OMMFG!

• Options
    image*Chicken*:
    imagechiromommyMichelle:
    I highlighted the previous responder's first sentence,  because it is actually very profound.  There are a large number of women who are voluntarily infertile after c sections because they just can't go through the surgery and recovery again.  Not a physical infertility, but a conscious decision to not have any more children because of the previous experience. 

I quoted your post because it is all kinds of stupid.

First, the person who said she would not have anymore children If she experienced what another poster had experienced was not being profound.

Secondly, your 'voluntarily infertile' comment was beyond insulting (and stupid) to those of us women who have actually been through infertility. Deciding not to have anymore children is simply a choice to not have more children. Period.

Voluntarily infertile....OMMFG!

• Options

"I'm not sure why you think this.  It's just not the case.  I enjoyed my baby just fine after the c section.  I had no limitations to enjoying my baby. 

All I can say is that when I was on the Babies 0-3 months with all the new mommies, there were quite a few ladies having long term healing issues with their vaginas.  I may have been cut wide open and taken a couple of weeks to heal, but I could sit, poop, and pee just fine and my vagina has not changed one bit.  There is also much less bleeding after.  Of course, it's major surgery and there are serious risks...it should only be done if medically necesary...but there are a few pros to it, as well.  Also, sex after was completely painless...not often the case with vag deliveries.  Try not to have such a negative opinion of it, you never know if you may need one and you want to be as positive as you can going into it."

I totally agree!!! I definitely want a csection for this reason; I think women should be given the choice to deliver naturally, with pain meds, or csection; they know whats best. I do not think MD's who offer this should get their licenses taken away- why do people get so heated over something that does not effect them? So what if I live in Boston and want to have a c section and you live Chicago and will never meet me- my doctor and I arent doing anything to offend you. Just bc I want a csection doesnt mean I try to convince women who want to go all natural to get a section. I just want everyone to do what they want to do and whats bst for them!

dream.inspire.love. PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"