Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

colorful retro gender neutral bird nursery

Though we are having a boy, I wanted a nursery that was gender neutral nursery.  We went with the retro bird theme because out baby's nickname is babybird.  Just wanted to share because I love looking at nursery pics on this board. 

This is the glass above the door to the nursery. My mom and I thought it was the perfect entrance to baby bird's room.

This is the view of the nursery from the door. The curtains are from an etsy seller Isla Corinne who let me pick out the fabric, length, style, etc. I was thrilled with how they turned out.

nightstand and dresser the Hemnes from Ikea

I am loving the splurge we made with the La-z-boy recliner.

This bench seat was the first nursery purchase I made at the Pottery Barn Outlet back in November. I got a cushion seat made by another etsy seller taterbabies. Under the bench seat are lots of books, toys and blankets.

This is the changing area. Above the dresser is where we are putting out little guys name. Since we haven't shared the name yet, that will have to wait until he is born.

A close up of the knobs on the dresser. Again another etsy purchase from riricreations. I had looked forever for bird knobs and loved these. They are metal and the seller spray painted them red to match our nursery.

The closet was a little hard to figure out. Since the upstairs was a converted attic, the closets are a little awkward. I ended up having our handyman create a little hanging space off to the side and then installed the cube organizer from target to hold clothes in larger sizes, bibs, hats, and other odds and ends. The rest of the closet is just open space for storing large items like those big boxes of diapers.

The Crib: The sheets were just purchased at a local boutique and have the alphabet on them. The crib skirt was made by yet another etsy seller (I almost went broke on that website!) RockyTop Design. The hardest part was finding a fabric that I liked that would coordinate with the curtains. The decal was created by etsy seller Urban Expressions and that seller lets you pick out the colors you want for the decal. I loved the saying as it is so true for us and thought the bird fit in perfectly with the rest of the bird accents in the room.

Speaking of bird accents, here is the close up of the mobile above the crib. It was actually what I designed the entire nursery around. I fell in love with this mobile that a lady handmade. You can pick out the fabric colors for each bird and I thought it was so sweet. So after having the mobile made I picked all the other fabrics and the paint out to match it. It is from etsy seller Gifts Define.

So there it is!

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
After two losses, third time was a charm.
pm me for blog link

Re: colorful retro gender neutral bird nursery

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"